Manager Technical Support
Manager Technical Support
Location: Columbus, OH
The Manager Technical Support is responsible to manage a technical support team, work with an innovative suite of software products and provide world-class support to businesses utilizing inContact’s software products as a means of intelligently communicating with their customers, vendors or employees across the globe. The Manager Technical Support will be responsible for managing a technical team of individuals to provide advanced technical assistance of custom applications to end-users of the inContact™ suite of technology products. Responsibilities include ensuring published service level agreements are met and that there is adequate personnel coverage to meet the needs of the company and the support of its customer base. As a working manager, this position requires the ability to troubleshoot unique customer issues, act in a consultative fashion to arrive at a mutually beneficial solution for our customers, and coordinate with internal departments to provide a collaborative solution experience that will leave the inContact™ customer with a positive experience and a product that meets their needs.
As a Manager Technical Support, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Create, manage and respond to trouble-tickets submitted by customers experiencing challenges using inContact™ or other inContact technology software products.
- Provide exceptional customer support to inContact customer base via live telephone, chat and email communications.
- Act as a technical liaison or subject matter expert in matters of support to cross-functional inContact departments.
- Support the Technical Support Specialist I and II employees in advanced troubleshooting needs.
- Gather and interpret customer requirements, draw appropriate conclusions, and suggest next steps to customers.
- Support customers in a rotating after-hours period of "on-call" availability, sharing responsibilities with other Specialists.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Manage a staff of Technical Support Specialists
- Provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department’s goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing for the department.
- Quality monitors employees and discusses the results.
- Attend CCB of the network to ensure we are meeting customer’s needs and send out any customer notification/maintenance.
- Submit, coach and practice KCS in the workflow and enter knowledge into designed knowledge base.
- Ensure the team is practicing KCS and are at least to an author status after 60 days of hire.
- Coach and develop others actively
- Foster open and cross-functional communication
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years in a technology-related field or technical support position in software, telecommunications or LAN/WANs
- 1+ years in a management-related position.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving proficiency
- World-class customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced troubleshooting directly with end-user customers
- Advanced TCP/IP experience
- Basic to advanced understanding of telephony
- Solid Voice over IP (VoIP) knowledge/experience focused on SIP signaling Experience in scripting using web services
ABOUT inContact: inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create stand-out customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. inContact continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers. inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.