Director of Services
Director of Services
Location: Taguig City, Philippines
The Director of Services shall be responsible for day to day operations of different Services teams at the Philippines site. This includes management of the leaders and employees across different functional areas like Technical Support, Technical Success, and/ or other Services teams. Next to that this role will also be response to drive projects across the site to drive operational excellence, facilitate the growth of the site and optimize processes and procedures to improve the employee experience and handle functional escalations.
This role will also function as the joined backup for the Managing Director Philippines and will work close with US and other leaders globally to establish appropriate strategic plans, operational policies, procedures, and identify operational performance measures of the site and employees across departments to ensure global alignment and uniform customer experience. The Director of Technical Services will be a leader and motivator for all employees and will work closely with the other local leaders and US functional managers driving the NICE inContact Leadership approach bringing local employees and leaders to a higher (performance) level. Work hours will need to be flexible to accommodate the 24/7 nature of the operation but will be centered around US hours.
As a Director of Services, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Responsible for operating costs, expenses and budget within the teams
- Advisory role on hiring salaries and merit for local employees within the teams
- Responsible for time tracking and billing
- Lead planning and implementation of the strategic initiatives and long-term goals for the operations groups and aligns plans with US (global) leadership that leads to operational metrics for the year
- Identify key risks that could prevent the achievement of the strategic company and departmental plans and proposes relevant mitigation measures
- Identify best practices and areas of improvement using current industry and business trends
- Develops reports, with Service Operations team, to indicate the performance of teams
- Participate in a cross-functional / cross-departmental team for program and project development
- Local branding in coordination with local and global HR, Marketing and Communication teams
- Develops a detailed annual operating plan for the services groups that will allow the organization to achieve its strategic plan and company goals
- Organizes his/her group(s) into resource efficient and effective operating units
- Initiates, develops and implement (incl document) processes, procedures and systems to improve team performance and ensure compliance with global company policies and local government policies
- Anticipate hiring trends and needs from an operational and employee perspective
- Always espouse company Code of Ethics and NICE inContact policies and procedures
- Handle customer escalations and drive/ contribute to initiatives to mitigate customer escalations and improve customer communication
- Responsible for Business Continuity Plan (BCP)/ Disaster Recovery (DR) staffing partnering with other site leaders
- Ensure global operational alignment for consistent and uniform service delivery and quality of our global 24/7 support ensuring that all employees perform tasks effectively and maintain healthy and safe working environment and culture driving our high-performance culture and leadership approach
- Act as the voice of the customer, championing change and improvement across customer experience, drive change and influence future change/projects to support and achieve improvements in customer experience
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with internal and external customers of NICE inContact as well as functioning as an escalation resource for employees and customers
- Builds and leads an effective and cohesive (management) team across the cross functional groups of NICE inContact Philippines
- Ensures adequate orientation and appropriate training of all staff members towards enabling them to perform their roles effectively and design and build training and certification programs to ensure future success
- Drive local employee knowledge (sharing) and training initiatives
- Works with direct reports in ensuring that performance management and staff development is carried out for the whole team according to established Performance Management processes
- Partner with HR to drive employee engagement and retention and take an active participation role for site wide initiatives
- Role may include managing remote employees/ teams
- Travel when and where required to satisfy core responsibilities and company needs
- Might require engagement with local and regional customers/ partners incl (hosting) site visits and during sales efforts
- Represent the company on formal and informal events, this may include legal representation
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserved the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job descriptions do not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or master’s degree in Business / Management or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years of managerial experience in global or multi-national company .
- 5+ years of proven global experience leading a similar sized (technology or contact center) technical services organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - English
- Ability to engage key people at all levels across business units and geographical area to achieve goals and objectives at both strategical and operational level
- Proven leadership with ability to influence, challenge and negotiate at senior levels using sound judgment
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills with an approach that builds cross functional high-performance capacity in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer experience
- Ability to motivate and develop a cross functional workforce
- Strong business and operational acumen
- Understanding of multi-faceted business operation
- Experience of managing and effectively delivering large scale program implementations and process/ system optimizations
- In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills
- International work experience
- SAAS or UCAAS industry
- Matrix and Remote management
- Multilingual (eg, French, German, Japanese etc.)
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create stand-out customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.