Manage smooth day to day running of the Hedge End office and facilities.
- Responsible for the management of routine maintenance, repair and any internal moves.
- Arranging daily postage and couriers and international couriers with DHL/FedEx and distributing the same
- Issue access passes to new employees and NICE visitors following NICE Security Policy procedures
- Being first point of call for all employee enquiries
- Assist the Global Real Estate Manager as and when required
- Assist London Office Manager with co-ordinating “Leavers” equipment return
- Act as key point of contact with cleaning company and other key personnel in the multi tenanted building including security, reception, contractors and engineers.
- Monitor office hygiene, access routes, server room, air conditioning
- Coordinate bookings and help organise large meetings, catering and office events.
- Carry out the New Starter Induction process for all new employees starting at Hedge End, ensuring a smooth transition
- Identify and evaluate suppliers for office equipment (working closely with the Purchasing department) as due diligence to ensure that stocks are maintained.
- Initiate office related purchase requests and liaise with Accounts Payable Department for office related invoices
- Review regularly office storage and arrange archiving as necessary.
- Liaise with the landlord with regards to intruder alarm and access to the building and (including out of hours).
- Be an active member of the NICE Southampton Social committee
Ensure safety and security of staff and visitors
- Implement a monthly Health and Safety Risk Assessment Sheet and maintain a 'Facilities Book' to record health and safety emergencies, mechanical and electrical items and all furniture and fittings related items.
- Maintain Accident Book
- Ensure compliance with building security procedures.
- Ensure Health and Safety standards are fully implemented and maintained and to act as Health and Safety Incident Control Officer for all emergency situation.
- Organise and update Fire Wardens and First Aiders as necessary and organise mandatory training.
- Previous experience of working in an Office Manager/Facilities/Administrative role is essential
- Experience of working in a Global Company would be a strong advantage
- Health and Safety qualification or experience in managing Health and Safety is essential
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure
- A Team Player with a “can-do approach”
- Flexibility with a clear understanding of the Company Objectives
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Friendly, Open and Approachable manner
- Strong proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise. Someone who will think outside of the box and use their initiative.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.