Senior Product Support Engineer
Senior position to assist with support of large projects, and development of existing support teams and capabilities.
Support of state of the art solutions for voice, video and screen recording, playback and analysis for Public Safety customers worldwide. Assist product teams to successfully introduce new products/versions. Champion supportability and preventative action on behalf of our customers.
Scope & Responsibilities
Provide in-depth and thorough technical support on a wide range of Public Safety solutions. Work effectively with staff in all areas of the business to provide timely and long-term resolutions, escalating when appropriate to management and/or R&D. Take into account technical and commercial relationships with end users, partners and service providers.
Must be prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice, to support new product introductions, investigate and resolve product/solution issues. This will also involve providing assistance and knowledge transfer to regional support/services teams and business partners.
Develop documentation and tools to improve the supportability of our solutions. Look for ways to innovate, share information and improve customer satisfaction.
Set up equipment to enable replication of customer issues and use remote access tools to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
Education & Background
The successful candidate is likely to have higher education qualification in science or technology subjects. A degree level qualification is desirable.
The ideal candidate is a rapid learner, self-motivated and a good communicator and problem solver. A high quality of work is also particularly important.
Relevant technical customer support experience preferred, particularly within a Public Safety environment. Understanding what represents good ‘customer service’ and how to deliver it is essential.
Experience of system engineering would be advantageous, as many of the large systems incorporate third party technologies.
- Efficient, effective and respectful communication skills both with customers and within internal departments. Including:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good listener, able to identify and validate assumptions
- Able to use effective questioning to confirm understanding of a customer problem and then provide help to solve it
- Communicate effectively with people of different disciplines, and with different knowledge and experience to achieve positive outcomes
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems and reproducing issues in a local environment.
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritise and switch between varied tasks. Remain focused and calm under pressure.
- Careful record keeping.
- Programming and/or scripting experience.
- Knowledge of Windows server and client technology.
- Able to use initiative and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Patience and perseverance
- Knowledge of CTI, IP networking, VOIP, web server/CGI front-ends, database (MSSQL).
- Technical writing skills.
- Coaching / training experience
- Systems engineering nous – able to work at both system and detail levels, and with third party suppliers
Be willing to travel to customer or partner sites worldwide, sometimes at short notice.
Be flexible with working hours when needed to address critical or urgent matters
Will need to hold, or be able to successfully apply for, UK security clearance (NPPV3).
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.