Tech Lead Application Operations Engineer
We are looking for talented and motivated professionals, interested in delivering the latest in Managed Application Operations (SaaS) using AWS, in a culture that encourages autonomous productive teams. You are Someone who loves learning how to configure backend systems, and infrastructure that will help us build our global SaaS platform. You have a comprehensive understanding of Amazon AWS platform and know how to light and put fires out. You are an engineer with confidence in his / her skill set, who is not afraid to look under the hood and break stuff to make stuff. If yes, then come be a part of Nice Professional Services, a team of software engineers re-inventing Application Operations.
This position is for Pune development center.
What you get to do
You will get to team up with highly talented and highly motivated engineers and architects, using the latest in AWS, working on cutting edge technology.
As a part of this team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment deploying, monitoring, automating & supporting a highly scalable real-time critical platform(s) impacting, millions of individuals & Billions of dollars.
- Designing and implementing infrastructure and systems (such as metrics, monitoring, node management, alerting, deployment, logging)
- Setup new environments
- Building proactive Monitoring & alerting service.
- Setup & securing new instances (ex: EC2)
- Create documentation for environments.
- Create and setup deployment scripts for different environments (i.e. Test properties vs Prod properties)
- Configure and optimize instances and web servers for optimal performance. (ex: adjusting default connection limits, adjusting request queuing thresholds)
- AWS troubleshooting support
- Support, Architect and Implement alongside Technical & Operations teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure & application deployments.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services (dealing daily with high severity incidents).
- Help build and improve customer operations through scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources seamlessly with as little manual intervention as possible.
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed / wide scale.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Provide on-call off hour support and work during non-prime shift hours
- Basic Troubleshooting skills
- OS level knowledge (Windows or Linux)
- Ability to identify the underlying root cause of performance issues & mitigate bottlenecks
- Basic understanding of Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- Basic Application level knowledge (3 tier/2 tier apps)
- Experience in a DevOps environment / Operations team / Infrastructure Operations team.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Good communication both written and verbal
Additional Skills Desired:
- AWS service knowledge for core services (EC2, S3, IAM, ASG, ELB, CFN, VPC, DX, VPN).
- Cloud / Application level Security experience
- Exposure to scripting language (Python, Ruby, Shell script, Powershell etc.)
- Has worked in an Agile / Sprint development model.
- Experience in working with tools like OpsGenie, AlertOps, Pagerduty/OpenDuty
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.