Application Support Analyst (Public Safety)
This is a rare opportunity to work with an innovative product launching in an area new to cloud services. Primary focus is supporting our ground-breaking cloud deployed solutions for digital evidence management for the Public Safety sector (Primary Law Enforcement). Assisting product teams to successfully introduce new products/versions. Champion supportability and preventative action on behalf of our customers.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support for our cloud-based application and services
- Replicate customer issues and test changes on internal test systems to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
- Become subject matter expert in the support of our application and services
- Assist with system upgrades and production configuration changes.
- Running regular reports, maintenance, monitoring and health check procedures.
- Work effectively with staff in all areas of the business, escalating when appropriate to management and/or R&D. Take into account technical and commercial relationships with end users, partners and service providers.
- Participate in a 24-7 Out of Hours call out rota.
The successful candidate is likely to have a science or technology background. A degree level qualification is desirable.
The ideal candidate is a rapid learner, self-motivated and a good communicator and problem solver. A high quality of work is also particularly important.
Relevant technical customer support experience preferred, particularly within a Public Safety environment.
Understanding what represents good ‘customer service’ and how to deliver it is essential.
- Proven experience working in a T2 or T3 support role, ideally supporting end users for COTS or bespoke software solutions
- Working knowledge of Windows server and client technology, ideally supporting web applications and services (IIS/.NET)
- Working knowledge of networking and firewall technology
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems and reproducing issues in a local environment
- Efficient, effective and respectful communication skills both with customers and within internal departments. Including;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good listener, able to identify and validate assumptions
- Able to use effective questioning to confirm understanding of a customer problem and then provide help to solve it
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritise and switch between varied tasks
- Focused and calm under pressure
- Careful record keeping
- Able to use initiative and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Technical documentation writing
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Experience of application monitoring and dashboards
- Experience of Microsoft SQL and running queries (e.g. TSQL)
- Experience of programming and scripting (e.g. C#, PowerShell)
- Experience working in an ITIL environment
The successful candidate will be exposed to Azure and other innovative cutting-edge technologies. In house training will be provided as required.
It is expected that as our team grows the post holder would take on a more technical role and become a subject matter expert.
Be willing to travel occasionally to customer or partner sites worldwide, sometimes at short notice
Typical working hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Be flexible with working hours when needed to address critical or urgent matters
Participate in an On-Call roster with other engineers to support critical incidents.
Will require to currently hold, or be eligible for, security clearance (NPPV3 and SC).
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.