Leader of Engineering
This position will lead the R&D of an innovative cloud AI service. The leader is expected to develop, hire and manage a group software engineers and data scientists that designs, develops, releases and maintains a sophisticated cloud to on-prem AI service. The service includes both an AI development platform and supports an AI managed service for some of the worlds' leading financial institutions. The leader is to provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building excellent teams and products serving the high end of the fortune 100 companies and a team of highly qualified software engineers and data scientists. This position calls for a seasoned professional who is playing a lead role in agile software development and can also handle escalations from the field when necessary, actively participating in all aspects of day-to-day engineering management from product and technology direction to process improvements.
In this role, you are accountable for leading multiple groups across product roadmap development, supporting earlier versions of the service as well as managing client escalations, defining the services technology roadmap and the overall process for the development in this suite of products working directly with the company CTO.
- Technically savvy and be able to take long term decisions on the technology roadmap of the product. This is a must have skill.
- Be part of the Analytics leadership group working with different lines of business to define the product roadmap and strategy and achieve its goals.
- Drive to a fast-moving excellent agile development organization driving the quality of our processes and work to achieve continuous deployment
- Lead the development and execution of short, medium and long-term plans to achieve the strategic objectives
- Work closely with the product manager and direct the technical architect, program manager, QA engineers, tech writer, and software engineers to define and develop features big and small for our products.
- Actively guide and mentor the team to develop features to meet functional, and non-functional requirements in high quality while obviating roadblocks
- Drive and impact all current processes related to software development and improvements across the org as necessary
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- Provide worldwide support to our customers as third tier.
- Play major role in envisioning and execution of next gen plans (e.g. architecture) to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization
- Prioritize, assign and manage departments activities and projects in accordance with the R&D departments goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation based on workload.
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Coaching the ecosystem for agility, adopt plan and execution based on reality and engage all the involved.
Skills and Experience required
- 15+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- At least 6 years' experience in managing multiple teams of software developers
- Proven track record of managing the development of enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience working in a global product software company for enterprise customers (Fortune 100 companies)
- Strong AWS Experience
- Solid knowledge and some experience in Analytics and Machine Learning
- Experience working abroad
- Deep experience with agile software development techniques and pitfalls
- Solid understanding of n-tier architectures
- Experience of product development using Java
- Experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Engine or Azure.
- Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- BE/B.Tech and degree equivalent
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.