Director of Engineering
NICE (NASDAQ:NICE) is a $1.5bn company with over 5,500 employees globally. Our solutions provide real-time interaction management, advanced analytics and employee engagement software to deliver faster, smarter and safer customer engagements, and to get major brands closer to their customers. NICE’s solutions help major brands to understand, predict and adapt to customers’ needs in real time so that they can create tailored experiences that go beyond what customers expect.
Our stock price has hit multiple all-time highs during Covid-19. We know the market, we listen to our customers changing needs and adapt, without pausing or downsizing.
About the role.
We are looking for an exceptional leader with high managerial and technical skills, to lead a multidisciplinary group in a challenging, innovative, fast-paced environment. You will lead the engineering team that has overall responsibility for the product architecture, design, development, delivery and R&D support for the SPM SaaS and on-premise applications.
- You direct the day-to-day management of SPM technical considerations and personnel
- You manage a team of about 20 engineers and all engineering aspects of the product
- You manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, performance, coaching, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- You provide timely and accurate resolutions to critical customer issues and will be relied upon to ensure that these resolutions are delivered to the satisfaction of our customers
- You oversee the long-term product roadmap
- You prioritize, plan, and monitor the progress of SPM development efforts to ensure the delivery of specific software functionality and features in accordance with predetermined product milestones.
- You contribute to the growth of the SPM business and the SPM strategy
- You continuously improve R&D engineering best practices and development standards
- You work with your management team to define annual objectives and KPIs
- You manage engineering processes, best practices, and continuous improvement, aligned with Agile-Scrum methodology.
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Industrial/Electronic Engineering. Masters or an MBA is preferred
- You have 10+ years of hands on experience as a software developer (JAVA is preferred)
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in managing multiple cross functional teams (overall group of 15+ engineers)
- You have proven track record of managing software products with on-time and on-budget delivery
- You have proven leadership with ability to influence, challenge and negotiate at senior levels using sound judgement especially in sensitive or complex situations.
- You engage key people at all levels across business units and geographical area to achieve goals and objectives at both strategical and operational level
- You understand of n-tier and Microservices architectures
- You have experience with Linux operating systems and Oracle database
- You ideally have experience in Angular.
- You are familiar with Apache, Spring and Tomcat frameworks
- You develop enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem
- You develop and support hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS)
- You have deep experience working with agile software development methodology
- You have experience working in a global software company
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.