Application Operations Engineer
NICE Actimize is currently seeking a technical, hands-on, customer-focused Production Support Engineer to join our growing Cloud team. This person will be responsible for leading client projects on the Cloud
- Perform operational duties including database backups, application server health, service recycling
- Identify and resolve operational issues (e.g. batch failures, network issues, client data feed errors)
- Monitor server performance, memory utilization, CPU, file systems, databases, batch jobs
- Maintain operational documentation, e.g. incident tracking and run books.
- Produce metric reports including daily production status.
- Review Client support tickets and requests under service SLAs
- Resolve level 2 and level 3 issues (i.e. application support, DBs and data center related issues). Document issues in customer support portal.
- Provide on-call off hour support and work during non-prime shift hours
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in production support experience in with Cloud-Based hosting administration, management and performance tuning under high availability SLA environment
- Experience with AWS is a bonus
- Knowledge in Actimize solutions is a bonus
- Experience with Unix, Linux, Windows, Tomcat, SSH, PGP and basic scripting skills
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- Proficiency with Perl/Windows scripting and regular expressions
- Experience with and understanding of complex process and data flow
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate (both written and verbal) to various Actimize groups and Actimize clients on a daily basis
- Experience with application debugging, performance, scalability
- Familiarity with standard application security compliance best practices
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- Experience working successfully independently and with other team members as well as developers
- Ability to multi-task as required and provide rapid support in production
- Must be able to provide on-call off hour support and work during non-prime shift hours
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.