Java Team Lead
Java Team Lead, R&D
For the development of our next generation fully cloud-based Workforce Optimization applications, we are looking for an exceptional leader, with high managerial and technical skills, to lead a multi-disciplinary development team in an innovative, fast-paced environment who can work in a global environment and bring the Start-up spirit into the Enterprise software development world. As the leader, you will mentor the team members, provide vision and direction, increase the operational efficiency and effectively manage the day-to-day operations while taking an active part in technical discussions, design reviews, and working on development tasks. You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge cloud technologies and build cloud-based services that allow the world's biggest enterprises to engage their customers through multiple channels.
- Lead a scrum team developing WFM core platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Architects, Operations and Customer Success.
- Full responsibility for the entire development life cycle of the product.
- End to end responsibility for design, implementation, and quality on your team’s domain.
- Create and maintain positive and productive working relationships across teams.
- Educate and support the development team helping them to resolve complex issues in challenging project timelines.
- Coach and mentor the scrum team on Agile principles, practices, and values.
- Coordinate and facilitate scrum meetings such as daily standup, grooming, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospective.
- Design and develop quality, proficient and well documented technical solutions that satisfy business requirements and meet corporate architectural standards.
- Develop solid unit and integration tests according to organizational standards.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related subject
- 8+ years of industry R&D experience, with at least 1 years in managing a development team.
- Proven ability to manage diverse simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Master the development life cycle – from planning to design, implementation, testing, deployment and be involved and impact all these phases.
- Record of achieving objectives; successful project completion, on quality and on time.
- Passion for quality.
- Outstanding technical and project management skills, risk management decision making, own the test strategy and test matrix.
- Mentor and support the career development / personal growth of your direct reports.
- Great communication skills. Track record of building positive and productive cross-group collaboration and partner relationships, experience communicating in a global organization.
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to influence others and cooperate with peers.
- Strong passion to build simple and practical solutions for IT Enterprise-scale customers.
- Have an impact beyond the code you write, don’t just implement features – have a say in what they actually do.
- Be agile, adapt quickly to the fast pacing environment the team is working in, while not losing view of the big picture.
- Strong design and coding skills. Ability to drive product decisions and solve tough problems.
- Experience designing and developing enterprise-grade software products that can perform at high scales and integrate with other components.
- Expertise in application development using Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate, web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, AXIS)
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery and Test-Driven Development
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.