Location: Salt Lake City, UT OR Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
The Network Architect is responsible for the design and architecture of NICE inContact’s LAN/WAN architectures which include VPN, Security, MPLS and Voice Over IP. This position evaluates current and emerging technologies, including traffic load balancing, VoIP, MPLS, QoS, 10 Gigabit Ethernet and VLANs. In addition, the Network Architect assesses the technical viability, raises technical issues and defines the technical risks associated with customer and business requirements. This position develops detailed design specifications for LAN/WAN infrastructure including space, power, copper and fiber cabling requirements. The Network Architect documents designs according to company and departmental standards, develops detailed implementation documentation for use by operational and maintenance organizations. This position provides training for Tier 1 and 2 personnel and develops design standards to meet customer, operations, and process objectives.
As a Network Architect, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Acts as an internal consultant role across the enterprise providing architectural perspective and vision, in addition to deep analysis and problem-solving where needed.
- Identifies important potential technologies and approaches to address current and future needs within the enterprise, and evaluate their applicability and fit, as well as leading the definition of standards and best-practices for their use.
- Is able to provide hands-on application of technologies and processes to support proof-of-concept development, review of critical systems and training to other teams within the organization.
- May be required to function as a technical lead on projects of any size as necessary.
- Communicates detailed technical information in both written and verbal form across a wide range of audiences, including business stakeholders, users, developers, project management, and other architects.
- Collaborates with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other parties to understand and develop architectural solutions across the enterprise.
- Leads and/or facilitates the development of appropriate standards and best practices, in addition to the paths by which they may be achieved and monitored.
- Develops a sound understanding of existing systems and processes, their strengths and limitations, and the current and future needs of the environment in which they exist. Provides vision on how they may be improved and developed.
- Understands and explains the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluates the impact of changes or additions to the environment.
- Participates in the evaluation and/or selection of solutions or products, including requirements definition, vendor and product evaluations.
- Acts as a local expert for areas of domain expertise.
- Acts as an escalation point for technical teams and provides hands on expertise.
- Applies strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar, in order to address critical issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Electronic Engineering,or similar field plus five (5) years of experience working in the Information Technology industry or equivalent industry work experience required.
- 10+ years work experience within an internetworking or LAN environment or combined education and work experince
- Extensive knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, SNMP, Multicast, VRRP-E, STP, HSRP, switching technologies)
- Expert-level understanding of internetworking technologies and tools, including TCP/IP, netflow/sflow, access-control lists, policy routing, firewalls, peering, and DNS
- Significant OSPF and BGP design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with MPLS environments
- Experience with Authentication services such as TACACS+, RADIUS, and RSA SecurID
- Working knowledge of IPV6
- Intermediate Visio skills
- Working knowledge of SIP
- Working knowledge of T1/T3/OCx configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience working with Management Systems and SNMP
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills along with prior experience in a dynamic, project oriented team environment.
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have good organizational skills.
- Experience in Layer-4 through Layer-7 switching environments
- Experience with hardware load balancing – ServerIron/ADX, GSLB, SSL termination
- Solaris/Linux administration
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.