Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Location: Edina, Minnesota
Who we are:
NICE Mattersight provides Customer Engagement Solution by delivering an effortless, consistent and personalized experience. We help businesses understand the voice of customers and what actions should be taken. We help businesses take action when it counts, based on customer insights. Our solutions keep employees engaged and motivated to deliver the best service.
NICE Mattersight seeks a Senior Network Engineer who wants to work at a cutting-edge customer behavior analytics firm. This position will be responsible for implementation, support and design of NICE Mattersight’s network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, VPN concentrators, taps, and other network equipment). We are looking for a self-starter who would like a challenging role as an infrastructure network team member, delivering the latest technologies in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
Individuals in the Senior Network Engineer position are responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Implement, monitor and support our routers, switches, firewalls, and software based network technologies
- Collaborate with Mattersight infrastructure groups and customers on the design, configuration and deployment of WAN and site-to-site VPN solutions
- Use automation technologies to standardize repetitive tasks
- Create network diagrams and update supporting documentation
- Troubleshoot network LAN/WAN performance and/or connectivity issues
- Participate in a 7/24 on-call rotation
- Manage the network team ticket queue and adhere to ITIL change management standards
What you definitely have:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 7+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a technical environment. Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with the following: Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, Fortinet Fortigate
- A passion for open source technologies: Python, Linux, etc.
- Router and switch configuration experience, preferably Cisco IOS and Arista EOS
- Firewall deployment and administration
- VPN experience. Both site-to-site and remote client VPN tunnels
- Understanding of TCP/IP network fundamentals and common protocols such as SFTP, SSH, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Demonstrated troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented and possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-motivation to continuously learn and expand professional skill set
What we’d also love to see:
- Industry standard certifications: CCNA, CCNP, NSE, etc.
- Experience with: Fortinet Fortigate, F5 LTM, F5 ASM, Arista EOS, Gigamon GigaVUE
- Scripting language competency using: Python
- Automation experience: Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform
- Familiarity with emerging network technologies including: VPC, Kubernetes, NFV
- Proficiency with packet capture and analysis
- Knowledge of and experience working with RESTFul APIs
- Practiced in NetOps and infrastructure as code/network as code methodologies
We are all different and that is powerful. Variability fuels our business and unites our work. It teaches us that strength lies in differences. To see what matters is our culture, and our culture starts with you.
Your different perspectives inspire us to be better. Your diversity fosters creativity and accelerates our innovation. Your unique skills and abilities make us stand out. Your background and experiences help us reach our full potential.
We are committed to a workplace that is increasingly diverse and inclusive, so be your best you.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.