IT Network Engineer
IT Network Engineer
Location: Taguig City, Philippines
The IT Network Engineer is responsible for supporting and improving the NICE InContact Corporate LAN/WAN which includes VPN, Security, MPLS and Voice Over IP. This role will deploy and manage current and emerging technologies in order to ensure uptime, data integrity, and system performance. In order to achieve alignment and use company standards, the IT Network Engineer will work closely with the Network Architecture team to complete projects. This role will be the point of contact for all network-related requirements for the Corporate environment.
As a IT Network Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Develops a sound understanding of existing systems and processes, their strengths and limitations, and the current and future needs of the environment in which they exist. Provides suggestions on how they may be improved and developed.
- Provide deep analysis and problem solving where needed.
- Follows standards and best practices provided by the Network Architecture team.
- Collaborates with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other parties to understand and support solutions across the Corporate network.
- May be required to function as a technical lead on projects of any size as necessary.
- Understands the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluates the impact of changes or additions to the environment.
- Participates in the evaluation and/or selection of solutions or products, including requirements definition, vendor and product evaluations.
- Acts as an escalation point for technical teams and provides hands on expertise.
- Applies strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar, in order to address critical issues.
- Configure advanced routing protocols OSPF and BGP.
- Support and configure SSL and IPsec VPN technologies.
- Support and configure firewalls, switches and routers.
- Participate in Incident, Problem, Service and Change management.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Be available to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Establishes security protocols, in partnership with the Trust Office, to ensure secure transit of company data.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems, Computer Science Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience required.
- CCNP Level Certification
- 4+ years’ work experience within an internetworking or LAN environment.
- Sound knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, SNMP, Multicast, VRRP-E, STP, HSRP, switching technologies)
- Understanding of internetworking technologies and tools, including TCP/IP, netflow/sflow, access-control lists, policy routing, firewalls, peering, and DNS.
- OSPF and BGP design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with MPLS environments
- Experience with Authentication services such as TACACS+, RADIUS, and RSA SecurID
- Working knowledge of IPV6
- Intermediate Visio skills
- Working knowledge of SIP
- Working knowledge of T1/T3/OCx configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience working with Management Systems and SNMP
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills along with prior experience in a dynamic, project-oriented team environment.
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have good organizational skills.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.