AWS Technical Architect
NICE Actimize is comprised of talented, creative and dedicated individuals with a passion for delivering innovative solutions to the market. At NICE Actimize, we recognize that every employee’s contributions are integral to our company’s growth and success. To find and acquire the best and brightest talent around the globe, we offer a challenging work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and rewarding career opportunities. Come share, grow and learn with us – you’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun and you’ll be part of a fast growing, highly respected organization.
The Actimize Watch R&D team is developing cloud based analytics solutions to improve effectiveness of Actimize financial crime detection and prevention solutions. Actimize Watch solution allows data scientists to do data exploration, perform visual analytics and build/train new ML models applicable to Actimize on premise solutions. This team is highly inter-disciplinary consisting of engineers building data pipelines on cloud (AWS), BI engineers building dashboards and data scientists. The scope of this solution covers all Actimize lines of business including all kinds of financial crime (Fraud, Money Laundering, and Trade Compliance).
The Actimize Watch R&D team is looking for a hands on cloud Architect who will lead the team technically.
- Design, Present and plan software product architecture
- Be able to improve R&D Coding efforts through POC of new concepts, Code reviews, setting and enforcing coding standards.
- Ensure correct implementation of architectural concept throughout product development
- Act as the R&D product and overall product architecture expert, understanding the product in terms of its requirements, purpose and need in the market interfacing with R&D Groups including product managers, sales, customer support and services. Intense interactions with the product managers and the product owner are expected.
- Responsibility for producing sizing and capacity & performance calculator working with performance QA teams and field engineers for validation. Participate in the creation of end-to-end data driven testing plan and tools for analytic and technical performance.
- Degree in Computer Science, Industrial/Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 12 years of experience in software industry with software design and development background
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a software Architect for a software product development organization
- Practical experience / knowledge in software architecture of cloud based multi tenant SaaS offering
- Basic familiarity with machine-learning applications and algorithms
- Very strong verbal and written English skills, Strong communication skills
- Ability and aptitude to collaborate effectively in a complex organizational environment
- Proven experience in operating within a global environment
- Passion and understanding in software technology and desire to work in developing advanced analytics applications.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a software architect for cloud based SaaS product
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Big Data Platforms (Spark, Hadoop, other big-data ecosystem tools)
- Minimum 3 years of development experience in Java/Scala
- Solid understanding of n-tier architectures
- Experienced developing back-end services
- Maven, Jenkins
- Java Performance Tuning (YourKit, JProfiler)
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration and Build practices
- Knowledge in Secure Coding Practices
Nice to Have
- Experience working with agile software development methodology
- Experience with BI concepts and technologies ( Tableau )
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.