Desktop Specialist is responsible for Desktop support. Responsible for troubleshooting, analyzing, repairing, resolving, tracking, building, and escalating technical problems associated with end user desktops and applications. These areas included are desktop, network, user administration, and some windows server support functions. Experience with building and imaging laptops plus desktops is required. Also, this position will assist with projects, IT Support, plus hardware support as necessary under the direction of other IT staff.
Ideal candidates will need to have the following:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Certifications are a plus
- 4+ years prior that includes maintenance, repair, upgrades, enhancements, and configuration of hardware, software and operating systems in an inter-networked environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work evenings or weekends on occasion if necessary
- Ability to document process and application usage details
- Team oriented environment
- Hardware knowledge of computer internals, configuration, troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and Teams
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office in a business network environment
- Possess a good understanding of LAN / WAN technologies and protocols including TCP/IP & DNS
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, and MAC OS
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Printers and VPN clients
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot functionality on mobile devices
- Ability to manage hardware, software, and support applications
- Experience administering users in Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
- Experience with asset and hardware tracking
- Experience supporting remote customers
- Experience with system management software such as BigFix, SCCM
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.