Technical Engagement Manager
This role requires timely and effective communications with internal stakeholders, VPs and customers (VP, Directors, Managers and Users) across multiple concurrent projects, managing customers’ expectations, and ensuring that the project is completed on time, with quality and within budget.
Must be highly organized, articulate, detail-orientated and commercially aware, and able to lead and delegate effectively. Energetic, committed and enthusiastic, with the ability to prioritize and take ownership to get the job done well, managing all parts to be delivered on time and with quality. Support, empower, motivate and inspire others to excel in their performance and achievements, and help them to make a positive contribution to the continuous improvement of project processes. As needed, nights and weekend work is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and manage multiple customer facing software delivery (cloud and on-premise) projects through initiation to closure. Working with customers of different sizes and utilizing cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
• Provide world class customer service through the use and execution of a detailed communication plans and to strive for excellence in customer satisfaction.
• Full ownership and accountability for project initiation, planning, resource requirements, execution and budget management to deliver profitable projects on time. Project closure is mandatory for every project.
• Manage risks, issues to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
• Diligently monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget, task prioritization and proactively deal with any diversion from project baselines.
• Provide effective, accurate and timely communications to all stakeholders, act as a single point of contact for customers and partners.
• Provide frequent updates on internal project management IT systems, use of project management tools and manage project related revenue together with revenue recognition forecast.
• Measure the quality and efficiency of each delivery. Proactively provide feedback on lessons learned and contribute to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of all project management processes and tools used within the Services team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience managing IT/software projects for external customers (vendor x customer relationship) using established project management disciplines and methodologies.
• Must have external customer facing project management experience with focus on stakeholder management, task prioritization, risk and mitigation, reporting and team management.
• Experience managing multiple concurrent IT/software projects of varied complexity utilizing cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
• Previous experience of customer management – crisis management, over-commitment management, prerequisites/delays tracking/ project report and action items tracking.
• Presentation skills – able to prepare and present in a projects in a comprehensive way (status, open issues, risks, delay, defects reporting) to project team and management.
• Ability to drive the customer through the challenges and delay without escalations.
• Ability to build good relationships with the customer, understand their business needs and priority.
• Experience managing projects in a global matrix organization is essential.
• Experience managing IT software implementation and integration projects.
• PMP certification is important but should be able to adapt to detailed processes and methodologies.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Works well under pressure and can provide concise communication from team to board level.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.