Specialist APS Engineer
Role & Responsibility:
- Shift Lead is responsible for managing the shift with minimal to no escalations
- Ensure all the Cases raised/Transferred from previous shift are handled within the levels and within the defined SLA
- ACT as Escalation manager for Customer Escalations as needed.
- Ensure process adherence during his/her Shift.
Skills and experience required:
- Require 8+ years’ experience in Technical Support in Telephony and VOIP and/or in Application Support.
- Should be an SME in Voice recording products and integration with PBX in Application Support.
- In depth knowledge in the following technical areas: CTI, Voice recording, PBX/ACD, WEB/Internet, MS Windows, SQL server, Database knowledge, VOIP, Computer H/W & Networking, clusters, Domain / workgroup / AD, LDAP Authentication.
- Any one of below:
- Good working knowledge on any of the following: CISCO Unified contact center Enterprise (UCCE), CISCO Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Avaya Aura Platform and Voice/Media Gateways.
- Hands on experience on MS Database & SQL Basic queries
- Should be willing to work in 24/7 shifts and weekends as well
- Should have been in a customer facing role
- Prior work experience in NOC environment 2-3 years
- Sound knowledge in managing SLA/KPI
- Take ownership of the critical issue and handle customer escalation.
- Sound knowledge in reporting based on SLA and KPI
Nice to have:
- Experience in NICE products or NICE certified Engineers
- Certifications that match up well: Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, Verint, Aspect
- Certification on MS platform – MS SQL, MCSA, MCSE
- ITIL Certification
- BE/BSC in computers science, electronics and telecommunications or equivalent
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.