SQL Developer (Solution Engineer)
Deployment Services works closely with Sales and Business Development providing technical consultation and is responsible for the technical delivery of speech-based analytics to new and existing Nexidia customers as well as educating prospective customers on the technical architecture of the product so they can assess how much technical investment they will need to make in terms of pre-requisite hardware, software, and support.
The Solutions Engineer works with Solution Architects and Project Managers to configure and deploy customer solutions. The Deployment Services team assesses the customer’s requirements and plans out the projects that will deliver a working solution. These projects involve system integration between Nexidia products, call recording systems, and other customer data sources, as well as hardware design and software product installation. The position also supports existing customers as their analysis needs and technical environment change over time. The Nexidia Deployment Services team helps them acquire additional data for analysis, troubleshoot integration problems, and accommodate changes in their call recording systems and other data sources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Discuss product architecture and configuration with Solution Architects and Project Managers
• Configure and deploy integration components of customer implementations, including data mapping activities
• Produce system/integration design documents in consultation with internal stakeholders
• Maintain deployment documentation as products and customer configuration evolve
• Support Deployment Engineers during implementation of the system design
• Understands and adheres to Nexidia compliance standards as they appear in the Employee Handbook, Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• May be called upon to support Deployment Engineers with installs, address Support tickets and other related duties
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• SQL Server (Experience with SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures)
• Windows server (IIS, Windows security, optimization, and troubleshooting)
• Experience documenting system designs and deployment plans with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint)
• Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN, routing, QoS)
• Security and encryption fundamentals (SSL/TLS, SSH, PGP)
• Web technologies (ASP.NET, XML, XSLT)
• Articulate complex technical topics clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences in both written and verbal form
• Meticulous about documentation and record-keeping
• Work successfully in a strong team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics; equivalent work experience considered
• Minimum 1 year of experience deploying, and supporting enterprise software applications
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical Demands: Some overnight travel by car or plane may be required. Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%, including internationally to North American and European customers
Work environment: Professional office environment that is entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, team-oriented, inspiring, diverse and challenging with dedication to creating and developing cutting-edge business solutions for our customers. Working conditions are normal for an office environment; work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.