Software Engineer – Platform Engineering
Nexidia is looking for a Mid Level Software Engineer to join on our Platform Engineering Agile Team focusing on building feature-rich, scalable and performant software for our market leading Data Analytics Platform.
You will join our agile Platform Engineering Team within the NIA Platform Group alongside experienced software engineers. We are seeking to grow this critical team to increase our ability to fulfill our feature roadmap. We are looking for somebody who brings a high degree of experience, skill and motivation who is interested in developing in the middle and backend tiers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops quality middle and backend software, completing User Stories.
- Develops unit, integration, and automation tests for completed User Stories and Defects.
- Participates in agile ceremonies, including grooming and sizing User Stories.
- Works closely with the Team Architect to design and develop quality software.
- Triages production software issues.
- Periodic participation in On Call support (paid).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years experience with C# / .NET framework.
- 2-5 years experience with SQL Server.
- Solid software engineering theory and methodologies.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent debugging and root-cause analysis skills.
- Able to be self-directed in the investigation of production support escalations, documentation and resolution of those issues.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Developing software for a distributed environment.
- Developing software for large scale enterprise products.
- Experience with data warehousing and ETL.
- Experience with test automation and performance monitoring tools (e.g. SQL Profiler).
- Agile software development experience.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.