Senior Product Manager
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER – Analytics & Data Visualization Focus
As the Senior Product Manager, you are responsible for managing assigned areas of the NICE Nexidia product line. In this capacity and in conjunction with the product leadership of NICE Nexidia, you are responsible for planning, maintaining, and driving the strategic direction, goals, and roadmap for your assigned product solution set. You will create a comprehensive and cohesive vision and plan for multiple features/initiatives across several markets and go to market strategies. You will champion your vision and plan internally and externally to validate your vision and maintain buy-in across the company and in the customer base, driving to achievement of the company’s goals for the product solution set.
As Senior Product Manager, you will at times work with and guide other Product Managers and/or Product Owners toward achievement of the product goals. You will coordinate and negotiate product issues with the engineering, operations, marketing, training and sales groups. You will work with R&D teams to ensure that they understand the vision, purpose, and benefits of the product feature sets / modules you are promoting. You will guide them in terms of feature MVP definition, priorities across and within features, and contingency plans or modifications should higher priority items pop up and compete for resources. You will interact with other departments within NICE to define requirements, drive product development activities, and improve processes aimed at ensuring the overall success of NICE Nexidia products.
The ideal candidate has a strong and comprehensive technical background, with experience performing data-driven analysis using reporting, analytics, and business intelligence tools that solves business problems, and a demonstrated ability to grasp, and then articulate, technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences. The ideal candidate can influence various parts of an organization with the necessary excellent interpersonal skills to quickly gather and distill information, build relationships with strategic customers and vendors outside of Nexidia (as well as with key people within Nexidia), and champion their ideas and products both inside and outside of Nexidia.
The ideal candidate also possesses strong technical and business analysis skills in order to quickly assess and remain abreast of the state of the Contact Center industry, especially with regard to reporting, customer analytics, and business intelligence. This includes synthesis of any promising new technologies, new applications of technology, standards activities, changes in buyer behavior and expectations, competitive vendor positioning or moves, etc.
· Be market-driven by gathering relevant customer and market data to guide and validate company direction on product development.
· Evangelize your portfolio internally in order to facilitate cooperation with other groups as needed in order to complete projects related to assigned product line.
· Proactively work with sales to assist with sales opportunities and improve win/attach rates. Participate in customer calls / meetings to promote the value if NICE Nexidia products, as well as to gather requests and requirements for future development and product updates.
· Represent the NICE Nexidia product to upper management through updates, performance metrics (as appropriate), and constant alignment.
· Evangelize your portfolio externally: Attend trade shows and/or customer conferences as needed; participate in webinars, panel discussions & presentations to represent NICE as industry experts and thought leaders in our space.
· Collaborate with other Product Managers to prioritize feature epics within and/or across development scrum teams to ensure that teams are working on the most important items.
· Be a "big picture thinker" by defining & coordinating a "whole" portfolio solution, including product, services, and support.
· Facilitate a complete product landscape by identifying, pursuing, and maintaining key relationships with targeted strategic partners, both within and outside NICE.
· Follow the company Code of Ethics and NICE policies and procedures at all times.
· Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE.
Bachelors degree in computer science, Information Technology, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Data Visualization, or a related field; or equivalent work experience required. Masters degree preferred.
Required Experience / Skills
- In-depth knowledge in and experience with agile & SCRUM development methodologies.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
NOTE: Local Residents Preferred
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.