Director Program Management
Director Program Management
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Director Program Management is an energetic and collaborative leader who thrives on working with and through others to deliver world-class communication channels and processes that continue to differentiate inContact's SaaS platform. As a key member of the leadership team and bridge builder, she/he serves as the organizational mouthpiece for key projects, milestones and processes and is accountable for continual organizational improvement in the areas of process, communication, and project governance.
- Provide leadership, coordination and management of the Program Management processes and functions. This leader also ensures that all SLDC activities are performed transparently and are visible to the organization. This is accomplished by driving a regular cadence of stakeholder reports and summaries.
- This position requires a combination of technical understanding of our contact center portfolio offerings, release and deployment processes, and overall project management governance. standards to provide measurements on quality, financial results, and growth metrics.
- Communication: Design, implement, and govern communication inward and outward plans around information distribution, stakeholder management, and performance reporting.
- Develop and execute targeted internal and external communication plans surrounding core deliverables.
- Design and implement communication processes that facilitate effective work stream prioritization
- Provide timely project status updates, risks and issues to all stakeholders
- Effectively and professionally bridge internal communication methods with broader organizational communication including executive briefings and customer escalations
- Owner of the Team Map release planning, estimation and communication
- Process: Lead continuous process and program improvements that result in more competitive products, reduced costs, improved time-to-market and increased predictability. Manage process governance across geographically-dispersed teams and drive appropriate ownership of quality processes.
- Drive a weekly, product-driven MSoS (Mega Scrum-of-Scrums) process that results in clear, action-oriented project status and blocker removal
- Act as key process owner and governor; holding leaders accountable to documented actions and deliverables
- Manage sprint planning and retrospective processes and associated documentation
- Manage monthly department-wide metrics collection and reporting
- Work with and through team members and peers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Identify resource conflicts, influence and facilitate course corrections to fulfill key project milestones
- Facilitate coordination of dependencies and unresolved touch points between teams
- Give clear and timely direction for product and project questions
- ALM training, process guidance and migration efforts
- Coordinate with Product Management for product launches, technical documentation and beta programs
- Build Relationships: Build relationships of trust with peers and group leaders to meet delivery objectives and remove barriers.
- Coach team members to build relationships throughout company to drive, plan, and implement objectives
- Coach peers in agile principles and methodologies
- Enable positive interactions across cross-functional groups of stakeholders
- Leadership: Direct accountability to create and continuously improve the Release PMO
- May manage other Release, Program or Project Managers
- Lead the team as daily ensuring that team plans, estimates, documents, and products are delivered on schedule and within budget
- Know the business and customer: Be an expert with respect to the business, its products and customers
- Good understanding of competitive landscape
- Maintain and share deep understanding of the business and products from the end-user perspective
- Research available technologies and capabilities to drive the most effective product solutions
- Occasional travel for client-site visits, remote sites, or industry tradeshows.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Technical or industry certifications are preferred in addition to the required education/experience.
- 12+ years product management, program management or engineering management experience using formal techniques and principles
- 12+ years filling a key role in a commercial software development team
- 10+ years working with geographically-disparate, matrixed development teams
- 5+ years leading a high performing team while building leadership skills of team members
- 4+ years of demonstrated success defining and launching products
- Proven experience presenting and managing project plans globally and integrating multiple teams to plan, execute, track and communicate software issues and resolution
- Ability to work on complex initiatives and drive project closure with little-to-no outside supervision
- Exceptional presentation, documentation and communication skills to all stakeholder levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple people and simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- PMI, PMP, Certified Scrum Practioner, Certified Scrum Master,
- Background in data analytics
- Experience with user acceptance testing, regression testing and Experience with design and process modeling diagrams
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.