The Finance Manager will oversee the day to day finance activities for the NICE inContact Brazil office.
This individual is accountable for the Company’s tax and statutory compliance, payroll, financial reporting, and vendor management.
The Finance Manager will work closely with the US team and global leadership to comply with global company standards and compliance requirements.
This individual will coordinate and liaise with local law firms, tax & regulatory advisors, and auditors to make sure there is 100% compliance and improved standard operating procedures.
As a Finance Manager, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Lead all day to day finance activities within NICE Brazil Companies).
- Manage a control framework for Payroll, Accounts Payables, and limited treasury functions
- Involved in handling local legal matters containing financial data, registrations and certificates.
- Manage outsourced functions with vendors for payment management, billing and payroll
- Understand and analyze company financial performance
Accounts and Reporting:
- Ensure books of accounts are maintained as per US GAAP with dual compliance for Brazil specific requirements (Focus on Payables, Payroll, Local Taxes, Intercompany transactions)
- Exercise financial controls such as timely bank reconciliation, application of bank payments
- Ensure periodic reconciliation of vendor and major account balances are performed
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly books are closed and reported on time
- Ensure generation of monthly management reports on time
- Manage external (local) audits under the direction of the Parent Company
- Ensure statutory and tax compliances are completed on time
- Liaise with local TAX advisors and authorities
- Maintain banking relationships for delivery and escalation
- Ensure local vendor documentation for compliance as required by financial intuitions, local government authorities and Parent Company
- Maintain the local trial balance and subsidiary books with assistance from the parent company
- Oversee the payroll function with shared responsibility for Time & Attendance in the Brazil office
- Record and settle intercompany transactions with the Parent Company
Accounts and Reporting:
- Maintain a control framework for Payroll, AP, and limited treasury functions in compliance with SOX
- Propose improvements to the current processes and procedures
- Identify critical vendors and payment management to ensure smooth operations locally
- Incorporate auditor feedback into Standard operating procedures to improve year-over-year outcomes
- Assist in handling local legal matters containing financial data or other inquires under the direction of the US Parent Company Legal/Finance
- Liaise with (local) law firms
- Assist in the resolution of disputes or misinterpretations with outside stakeholders (Tax Authority, Local/City Government Officials, Regulators).
- Initiate and drive software and process improvement projects like the implementation of a new systems, subledgers, or SOPs.
- Long term development of the accounting team (external vendor), through hands on training and coaching, formal feedback as needed.
- Liaise with local and global HR department for new hiring and other HR matters
- Set local goals that are aligned to the US Parent Company’s goals and cascade to the team
- Any other related work assigned from time to time
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 7-10 years’ experience in industry
- Fluent in Portuguese and English both verbal and written business terms. Spanish a plus.
- Prior work experience as part of a consolidated group (preferably to a US based company)
- Good judgement and ability to identify and address operational and financial risks
- Demonstrated experience in both Payroll administration, Accounts Payables responsibilities and vendor management in a company with >100 employees in Brazil
- CPA designation
- Experience working with peers in a group setting and/or managing team members directly
- Work experience in Big Four Auditing firms or other large regional firm
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.