Tech Lead Technical Support Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under minimal supervision, serve as Tier 2 triage/troubleshooter for Nexidia Hosted and On Premise deployments.
- Communicate with customers directly via telephone and e-mail in a professional and diligent manner. Ensure customers are satisfied prior to closing support issues.
- Coordinate with team members to manage and contribute to daily team workload.
- Performs and documents root-cause analysis as needed to resolve or escalate software and deployment issues.
- Work with QA, Professional Services, IT, and Deployment Services to gather and document technical information needed to resolve or escalate product issues.
- Contribute to process and troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Help foster innovation in tools and processes to make the team more effective and efficient.
- Adhere to defined technical support process and offer improvements as necessary.
- Understands and adheres to Nexidia compliance standards as they appear in the Employee handbook, Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- SQL Server (DBA activities, experience with SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures)
- Windows server (IIS, Windows security, optimization, and troubleshooting)
- Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN routing, Audio codec,)
- Security and encryption fundamentals (SSL/TLS, SSH, PGP)
- Ability to read and understand program source code.
- Web technologies (ASP.NET, XML, XSLT)
- Meticulous about documentation and record-keeping
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, reading and writing skills)
- Demonstrated problem solving , troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Work successfully in a strong team environment
- Basic understanding of Virtualization and AWS concepts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics; equivalent work experience considered
- 4+ years of experience supporting enterprise software applications and system integrations
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.