Director of Engineering
This position will hire, lead and manage a group software engineers that designs, develops, release, maintains, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for SaaS applications. Provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building products that are used by millions of users and a team of highly qualified software engineers. This position calls for a seasoned professional who is playing a lead role in handling escalations from the field when necessary, and actively participating in all aspects of day-to-day engineering management from product and technology direction to process improvements.
- Work with the line of business to define the product roadmap and strategy
- Assists in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Work closely with the product manager, technical architect, QA engineers, writer, and software engineers to define/develop features big and small for our products.
- Actively guide and mentor the team to develop features to meet functional, documentation and quality while obviating roadblocks
- Drive and impact all current processes related to software development and improvements across the org as necessary
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- Provide worldwide support to our customers
- Play major role in envisioning and execution of next gen plans (e.g. architecture) to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization
- Prioritize, assign and manage departments activities and projects in accordance with the R&D departments goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation based on workload.
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Coaching the echo system for agility, adopt plan and execution based on reality and engage all the involved.
Skills and Experience required
- 20+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- At least 8 years' experience in managing multiple teams of software developers
- Proven track record of managing the development of enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience working in a global product software company for enterprise customers (Fortune 100 companies)
- Experience working abroad
- Demonstrated ability to deftly influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
- Deep experience with agile software development techniques and pitfalls
- Solid understanding of n-tier architectures
- Experience of product development using Java technologies
- Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Education Qualification:B.E/B.Tech in computer science
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.