Location: Taguig City, Philippines
The NOC Engineer is responsible for the following items:
- Ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance for all NICE inContact products.
- Provide support for Technical Support, R&D, and other technical teams.
- Provide a central hub of communication regarding the status and ongoing events within the network and platform.
As a NOC Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Responsible for troubleshooting network and platform issues from a server side perspective.
- Validates and tests all NICE inContact products and platforms.
- Performs routine health checks over and above automated monitoring to ensure the quickest detection time for service affecting issues.
- Responds to any number of alarms, alerts, or abnormal behaviors detected through reactive or proactive monitoring.
- Ensures all activities are documented and tracked through a ticketing system.
- Ensures processes and procedures are documented and updated in communal Wiki/KnowledgeBase resources.
- Works with both internal and external teams to assist in escalated troubleshooting for issues relating to NICE inContact's products and platforms.
- Familiar with industry standard tools such as IP Monitor, SolarWinds, and BMC in addition to a set of internal custom tools used in network management.
- Executes established procedures as it relates to incident, change and event management.
- Responsible for executing the established escalation processes with both internal and external teams.
- Maintains a team focused attitude and work towards creating a healthy, respectful atmosphere.
- Performs these duties in a flexible fashion as the Network Operations Center is open 24x7x365.25.
- Participates and/or be part of the NOC continuous improvement activities as defined
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Information Services, or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years experience working in a technical or support role within telecommunications, data network, or application server environment. Demonstrated understanding of network topologies, Windows server-client environments, and telecommunication environments with a focus on SIP.
- Understanding of packet analysis and packet capture utilities.
- Confident and goal oriented attitude with an ability to set and meet short and long-term objectives.
- Experience in creating, utilizing, and maintaining technical documentation.
- Experience working in a windows server environment as it relates to server and software management tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with dynamic priority evolution.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and plans with well-reasoned decisions and minimal supervision.
- Ability to execute responsibilities with a high sense of urgency and a willingness to drive issues forward within established processes.
- Ability to begin troubleshooting any issue, problem, or oddity regardless of topic or content with a focus of assessment and engagement of proper external resources.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with SaaS/Cloud based software environments. Experience with VoIP implementation and support, specifically configuration of SIP End points and troubleshooting SIP telephony challenges.
- Experience working with firewalls in general.
- Experience working with BMC.
- Experience working with applications driven by .NET, SQL, and other common Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with troubleshooting and identifying issues within data networks as it relates to SIP and software applications.
- Expertise with VoIP Gateways, SS7 Controllers and soft switches.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, telecom circuits ranging from DS-0 through OC-12.
- Experience with War Room situation participation and situation management analysis
- ITIL Foundation certification and experience within an ITIL Organization.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.