Principal Sales Engineer
The primary purpose of the Principal Sales Engineer is to provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/software solution to a customer’s business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations, demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sale and implementation.
inContact Principal Engineer Core Competencies and Responsibilities:
As a Principal Sales Engineer you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading pre sales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Engineers. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions and is responsible for seeing the solution through success. Builds and develops demonstration, productivity tools, documentation and training for other PreSales team members. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external customers on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 2 years sales, pre sales or marketing experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications, programming or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree, certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses that need
- Act as a Principal Sales liaison to Product, R&D, Marketing, Support and Professional Services in communicating customer requirements and information
- Establish pre-trial/pilot/proof of concept key success criteria (objectives, baseline measurements of success, goals, agenda, duration, etc.)
- Promote SE team education, enablement and knowledge sharing
- Experience with SaaS, or other Public Cloud solutions
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Analytics solutions
- Customer Service, Sales or Consulting experience
- Whiteboarding experience, with excellent written and oral presentation experience
- Enterprise Architecture experience
- Familiar with Web Services (REST, SOAP experience preferred)
- Prior PreSales Engineering or transferrable/relevant experience
- Position may require significant travel, up to 60%.
- Provide high level technical support and serve as a liaison for standard and non-standard solutions for strategic customer accounts and new business opportunities
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by leadership
- Respond effectively to RFPs
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience required.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.