Sr. Manager, Product Management
Senior Manager, Product Management
As the Senior Manager, Product Management, you are responsible for managing the NICE cloud analytics portfolio. In this capacity and in conjunction with the product leadership of the Customer Engagement Analytics division of NICE, you are responsible for planning, maintaining, and driving the strategic direction, goals, and roadmap for your assigned product solution set. You will support the business owner in creating a comprehensive and cohesive vision and plan for multiple products across several markets and go to market strategies. You will champion your vision and plan internally and externally to validate your vision and maintain buy-in across the company and in the customer base, driving to achievement of the company’s goals for the product solution set.
As a Senior Manager, Product Management, you will manage one or more individual product managers and will work with them to execute on the vision, drive product roadmap and backlog activities, and maintaining constant alignment, all while owning and enforcing profit and loss responsibilities for a multi-million-dollar solution set. You will coordinate and negotiate product issues with the engineering, operations, marketing, training and sales groups. You will interact with all other departments within NICE to define requirements, drive product development activities, and improve processes aimed at ensuring the overall success of your portfolio
As a Senior Manager, Product Management, you will:
- Maintain ownership of profit and loss of company's assigned solution set.
- Recommend new components, tools, and technical partnerships required for successful product development which will require budgeted funds.
- Run cost analysis and market research to determine the impact a new or revised product will have on the market and our overall sales.
- Ensure End of Life and Go to Market process is followed and supported to bring solutions to market on time and on budget. Works with one or more budget lines.
- Own the fate of your products by owning the full profit and loss performance for the assigned solution set(s).
- Facilitate a complete product landscape by identifying, pursuing, and maintaining key relationships with targeted strategic partners, both within and outside NICE.
- Be a "big picture thinker" by owning the definition & coordination of a "whole" portfolio solution, including product, services, and support.
- Show off your multi-tasking prowess by developing a multi-tiered solution vision and strategy, including the management of a cross solution backlog of stories and requirements.
- Prioritize creation of company solutions against business needs and market demand.
- Be market-driven by gathering relevant customer and market data to guide and validate company direction on product development.
- Document and communicate new product development and product improvement projects with accompanying concepts, use cases, requirements, and project plans that are aligned across the entire portfolio.
- Evangelize your portfolio across multiple departments within NICE to help them understand product requirements and market needs and facilitate cooperation to complete projects related to assigned product line.
- Proactively work with sales to assist with sales opportunities and improve win/attach rates.
- Represent your portfolio to upper management through updates, performance metrics, and constant alignment.
- Attend trade shows; participate in panel discussions & presentations to represent NICE as industry experts and thought leaders in our space.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the Operations department's goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Responsible for staffing decisions within own product management team.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- 10+ years of product management experience with formal product management techniques, tools, and principles grounded in the Product Management Lifecycle.
- 5+ years experience leading high performing teams.
- Experience with P&L accountability.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service, software development, networking, hosted applications, or other similar technical products.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills in English including vocabulary, spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Requires ability to read and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences.
- Requires ability to personally interact with technical resources and listen carefully, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions where appropriate.
- Requires excellent skills with specialized computer software for drafting and producing documents and diagrams
- Experience managing one's own time and balancing many different projects simultaneously, while being flexible, agile, and resilient in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience coaching and mentoring other junior-level product managers within your organization.
- Experience leading and influencing people and teams that do not report to you, especially in a matrixed global organization.
- Preferred: In-depth knowledge in and experience with agile & SCRUM development methodologies.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create stand-out customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. inContact continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers. inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.