IT Technical Support Engineer
Here at NICE, we provide state of the art cloud solutions for the Public Safety market for the acquisition, management and analysis of digital evidence to global market. These solutions can be tailored to fit with customer’s existing MIS systems.
We develop state of the art solutions for the Public Safety market, bringing together voice, video and screen recording, playback and analysis for Security customers worldwide.
We are currently looking for an IT Technical Support Engineer to be based out of Hedge End and to be part of our 2nd line support team.
4+ years of experience in an enterprise supporting LAN/WAN/VPN/Wireless infrastructure environment that has both office based and remote end-users. Experience meeting all the IT needs of a local office from new hires, adds/moves/changes, level II troubleshooting, and being the face of IT globally. Excellent Customer Service skills and must be able to work alone and with remote teams.
Hands-on experience with the following:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills a must
- Providing Tier II support for corporate desktop/laptop computer infrastructure supporting office-based clients and remote users
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade desktop/laptop hardware and software
- Management of user rights and security settings at desktop/laptop computer level
- Rollout experience of large Windows upgrades
- Hardware support of LAN based printers and local printers
- Desktop/Laptop imaging solutions – SCCM a plus
- Remote access tools such as RDP or TeamViewer
- Active directory management tools such as Microsoft’s Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
- Support of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Office365
- Cisco Call Manager administration
- Support of VPN connectivity technologies for traveling/remote users (Check Point Mobile a plus)
- Implementation, administration and support of backup technologies for hardware and software
- Implementation and support of anti-virus solutions
- Familiarity with LAN/WAN components and protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, switches, routers and wireless connectivity. Required to support systems/networking teams with onsite server room.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & communication skills
- ServiceNow (SNOW) service management experience a plus
- Installation and connectivity support for approved handheld devices – activating iPhone, Android, using Microsoft InTune
- SIM card activations
- Mobile device inventory management
- Equipment Order Process
- The hours are 09:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday but you will be part of an on call team which means you'll be on call 1 weekend out of every 3. You'll be compensated for any calls that occur.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.