The purpose of this position is to provide for day-to-day management, either directly or in a matrix, of all ICO Operations and Delivery staff. On-going relationships with NICE business partners and customers, and acting as the point of contact for any business or customer escalations during the normal day.
- Act as representative of AppOps management team, acting to pass information on high-level plans to business partners and customers while delivering their feedback to appropriate subject matter owners
- Scheduling ICO staff for project based work, new customer deployments, migrations, upgrades, and expansions.
- Hire, manage, and support local cloud hosting staff, FLM for day-to-day activities , performance reviews, etc.
- Meet regularly with business stakeholders to coordinate projects, deployments, plans, and business changes.
- Work with NICE Technical Teams to coordinate technology changes necessary to design, deliver, and improve NICE hosting operations services.
- Manage and resolve customer & business escalations for customers, in a follow-the-sun approach.
- Coordinate hosting operational activities with other NICE cloud support working closely with the Infrastructure, Security, Application Support, Devops and Architect functions.
- Develop positive working relationships with NICE employees and customers.
- Support, Architect and Implement alongside Technical & Operations teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure & application deployments
- Oversee development of Automated & Alerting services for hosted environments.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- At least 12+ years experience managing IT professionals.
- At least 6+ years experience managing IT team that provided 24x7 support to production cloud or hosting infrastructure
- Detailed understanding of AWS infrastructure
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a DevOps environment / Operations team / Infrastructure Operations team is an added advantage
- Excellent technical judgment and ability to help troubleshoot an issue.
- Ability to prioritize work based upon continuous new input and changing business needs. Must be proactive and preventive in problem solving.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify problems and independently develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to deliver high quality results with attention to details
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a global, diverse, multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in typical office environment, using standard office computer equipment.
- Position may be required to work at a computer terminal and desk for long periods of time on projects.
- Must be willing to travel between main offices, co-location facilities, and other NICE worldwide locations.
- Ability to work during non-prime off-duty hours.
- Participate in a Duty manager on-call rota.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.