R&D Group Lead (Software Engineer Manager)
R&D Group Lead for Analytics Apps Teams
The NICE-Nexidia analytics team is seeking a passionate, hard-working, and talented R&D Group Lead to oversee the vision for all software development activities as it relates to ongoing R&D, new offerings, and existing tools/dashboards. The primary function of this role is to lead development teams that focus on our front facing web applications which target hundreds of thousands of business users for their daily activities that depend on the analytics data supplied by Nexidia. Ideal candidates will understand how to combine scalable agile practices to lead a team that build user friendly, scalable solutions in very tight collaboration with the product teams. The R&D Group Lead must be able to manage all key aspects of software development including but not limited to (1) development strategy (2) team management (3) team resources (4) project management and (5) maintenance activities.
- Manage a twelve-person group comprised of two scrum teams.
- Define and enforce development process for enterprise analytics web applications.
- Coordinate estimation, scheduling, and roadmap definition.
- Coordinate with other group leads on release activities.
- Support communication between developers, product managers and stakeholders.
- Manage creation and maintenance of training materials and user certification program.
- Evaluate developers' performance and provide constructive criticism for improvement.
- Assist product managers and architects in feature design.
- Define and enforce issue escalation handling processes.
- Coordinate with other departments to effect operational change as well as establish and maintain integration test facilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with ASP.net ecosystem
- Ten plus years in the software development field
- Minimum two plus years’ experience managing 5+ engineers
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Exposure to modern JS frameworks, CSS transcoding and front end best practices
- Automated testing
- Experience in database design and performance tuning
- Background in call centers or call recording
Our product supports many Fortune 100 companies at enterprise scale and our challenges grow every day! This is exciting technology in an exciting space, and we want YOU to come join us on this adventure. If you want to grow and contribute in ways you didn’t expect, contact us today and see what matters.
What we’re like
NICE-Nexidia values diversity, curiosity and collaboration. Employees from all experience levels and backgrounds are intermingled and encouraged to learn about each other’s projects. Our offices foster teamwork as well as self motivation, with a healthy dose of fun thrown in.
Where you’ll be
NICE-Nexidia seeks candidates authorized to work in the United States. This role will be based out of the NICE-Nexidia Atlanta, GA location. This role may require one to two trips annually to collaborate with other teams within the NICE organization.
What you’ll make
NICE-Nexidia believes that a successful, thriving company starts with happy, satisfied employees. We are prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.
NICE-Nexidia is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.