Automation Engineer II
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Research and recommend innovative ways to automate NOC administration tasks.
- Act as lead in identifying and cleaning up noisy alarms with development teams
- Script and automate playbooks in BMC
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Participate in and provide feedback and recommendations in developing standards and guidelines for NOC monitoring environment.
- Monitor production environment, tuning alerts to optimize monitoring and filter out noise, stabilizing and improving system performance by tuning, identifying, and documenting monitoring gaps, and leading NOC automation efforts.
- Provide monitoring platform support and analysis to resolve gaps and create dashboards related to infrastructure, Applications, systems, and associated software products.
- Perform utilization and capacity analysis as needed on key NOC KPI’s.
The Ideal Candidate:
- In addition to supporting the NOC monitoring environment, this position will act as a technical lead for projects, tasks, incidents, and system architecture design.
- Also, this position will work under the direction of management and become a key team player in the NOC leadership group.
- There will be times when this position will be required to work extended hours and weekends to support the State's needs including an On-call rotation.
- Associates Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Information Services, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience working in a technical or support role within telecommunications, data network, or application server environment.
- Experience with monitoring and maintaining cloud solutions in AWS, and/or Azure. DevOps principles and practices experience automating processes with at least one scripting language (Python, Powershell, Bash, etc.) DevOps and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Salt/Chef/Puppet/Ansible, Git, etc.
- Experience with multiple monitoring platforms (BMC, HP, Solarwinds, Thousand Eyes, LogicMonitor, etc)
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies hands-on experience with scripting excellent project planning skills, highly organized, and the ability to complete high-level projects with little supervision and on time and under budget.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.