Digital Producer, WQXR
WQXR, New York City’s only all-classical radio station, is dedicated to making a life with classical music accessible, relevant and inspiring for all. WQXR’s absolute accessibility makes us one of the most distinctive cultural organizations in New York City, reaching more than a million people each month in the New York Metro area, as well as a growing digital audience across our website, podcasts, and social media. WQXR is part of the nonprofit public media organization New York Public Radio, whose mission is to make the mind more curious, the heart more open, and the spirit more joyful through excellent audio programming that is deeply rooted in New York.
The Digital Producer will be a key partner in expanding WQXR’s digital audience by creating a seamless user experience between our broadcast radio and digital platforms. S/he/They will be responsible for managing the website, newsletters and social media accounts.The ideal candidate will have an interest in content curation and creation, an understanding of how to build habit and engagement, and a knack for operational excellence and getting the details right. An interest in classical music and a drive to make it broadly relevant, accessible and entertaining to a range of diverse audiences including traditionally underserved communities will be essential. The successful candidates will come ready and enthusiastic to find creative ways of expanding the audience for WQXR.
- Create and curate content for the WQXR website and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Maintain editorial calendar for content on those platforms.
- Schedule homepage for each day; make sure all article, episode, show and live events pages are properly published to the site.
- Manage the production and publication of WQXR’s daily and weekly newsletters.
- Develop a monthly dashboard to track audience metrics and use insights to develop audience and engagement strategies.
- Work with senior leadership on the long-term strategy for successful digital audience growth for WQXR
- Copy edit content for the web site, newsletters and social media posts
- Affinity for classical music
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality content on digital platforms.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and a knack for juggling multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with Google analytics, and an interest in using data to understand our audience and drive audience growth
- An understanding of, and respect for, the nuances, possibilities and limitations of social media platforms
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively – depends on the day!
- Equally comfortable working with software developers, radio producers, senior executives, pledge drive producers and fundraisers
- Develops relationships easily, moves freely across organizational boundaries and knows how to lead through influence.