Marketing and Audience Engagement Manager, The Greene Space
Marketing and Audience Engagement Manager
The Greene Space channels the collective genius in New York City to create forward-looking live art, theater, and journalism that sparks change.
This is an opportunity for a talented self-starter to support the growth and development of social media channels and support audience engagement and communications across multiple digital channels. The Marketing and Audience Engagement Manager should be creative, energetic, curious, collaborative, willing to take risks, deeply immersed in NYC news and culture, and committed to using our platforms to amplify underrepresented voices. They should be a nimble and entertaining writer, able to convey information in a clear, concise, friendly, and inspiring way that will lead to optimal community engagement and impact. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and audience engagement strategy for The Greene Space
- Manage social media outreach from ideation to execution, including designing, writing copy, and deploying content and creative across channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. consistent with the mission and values of The Greene Space and New York Public Radio
- Building and maintaining website content, from editing copy and posting and managing ticketing pages to working with our Digital team and external agencies on site development
- Creating posts and executing promotional campaigns on social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.) to grow audience and enhance awareness of our brand online
- Leading and executing on newsletter strategy using Marketing Cloud, including content creation as well as initiatives to maintain and grow our list
- Liaising with other departments and with outside organizations to secure partnerships, newsletter swaps, listings, and other promotion
- Monitoring social networks around events to increase engagement, respond to audience comments, and share assets and info with viewers
- Create plans to test and track results
- Participating in cross-departmental efforts to build, support, and publicize Greene Space programming in digital spaces
- Responsible for setting goals for digital initiatives and pulling data analysis to ensure that we reflect, maximize learning, and increase impact
- Serve as subject matter expert for live event marketing and communicate most current and effective best practices with The Greene Space team
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, creating digital and social content for a media or arts organization
- 5+ years of experience designing and executing digital and social media marketing and promotion campaigns
- Strong expertise inTwitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn paid and organic strategies
- Ability to create content and track data in Wordpress, Marketing Cloud, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Keen understanding of the streaming ecosystem and digital distribution
- Ability to think strategically and to interpret audience trends and data
- Content production and/or creative storytelling experience
- Proven project management skills and the ability to successfully drive multiple projects at once while working with other team members and departments to guide them to fruition
- Strong editorial judgment and the ability to work independently
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Enthusiasm for a live production environment that sometimes requires shifting gears quickly or pressure to meet deadlines
- Eagerness to run toward a challenge, experiment, and try new things
- Love for performance, art, and journalism and passion for engaging audiences online
- Vast knowledge of digital media landscape, including mobile, social and OTT, preferred
- Literacy on other platforms like TikTok and Snapchat are a huge plus
- Experience in photography, videography or general content production is a major plus
- Image editing experience in programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator, preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to attend evening/night time events on a regular weekly (or more) basis, as needed
This is a full-time role which includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time and parental leave.
This role is currently operating remotely, with the ability to optionally work from the office/studio sometimes, which is encouraged. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff and will be expected to work from the New York office/live event space in a hybrid capacity within the next few months.
Given this role will be in the office/studios, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless NYPR has approved a specific religious or medical exemption in advance of the first day of work. At this time, NYPR defines being fully vaccinated as having received two Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations or one Johnson and Johnson vaccination.
This role does require the ability to work a flexible schedule to attend events at The Greene Space in the evening on a regular basis.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.