Digital Membership and Acquisition Manager
NYPR seeks a professional with experience in creating and implementing online campaigns for cultural institutions, non-profits, or online subscription services. Past experience in growing membership and constituent lists; raising funds via digital methods; and driving participation in specific digital campaign activities are a must. the chosen candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of fundraising strategies across WNYC Studios podcasts and the local news site, Gothamist.com. This is not an entry-level position; candidates with significant digital experience will be strongly preferred.
The Digital Membership and Acquisition Manager reports to Senior Director, Acquisition & Digital Membership and will be responsible for increasing customer acquisition and growing digial membership from our podcast properties and Gothamist.com. The successful candidate will be savvy in methods for increasing revenue from digital properties and will exhibit a results-oriented approach to increasing audience engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, test, and execute aggressive strategies to recruit donors through a multichannel approach including web, email, mobile, social media, and online advertising for all WNYC Studios podcast properties and Gothamist.com.
- Collaborate with podcast & Gothamist teams to write, produce, edit, and schedule all digital engagement and fundraising asks.
- Help create holistic, goal-oriented fundraising strategies based on audience research, message development, and data.
- Help create specific fundraising strategies to convert listeners who have never donated by: identifying the donor, engaging the donor and converting the donor.
- Conceive of sharp concepts for audio asks, email, digital ads, web pages, social media, mobile campaigns, and more.
- Produce, deploy, and QA all emails and landing pages associated with WNYC Studios podcasts and Gothamist.com.
- Collaborate with digital team to develop testing plans and test elements across different stages of the conversion funnel to increase key metrics including click-through rates, landing page conversions, increased donation order value, increasing sustainer giving
- Help to manage NYPR’s membership and prospect lists, finding the best ways to engage with current donors and covert existing prospect lists to donors.
- Ensure that digital fundraising opportunities are being maximized when new campaigns and content projects are conceived.
- Use digital analytics and best practices in web development to evaluate and improve the organization's use of websites, including fundraising functionality.
- Monitor the latest trends in digital fundraising and propose adoption of new tools in line with NYPR’s fundraising strategies.
- Administrative tasks as needed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES:
- Creative, innovative leader with 3 plus years of digital experience that includes work on digital revenue-generating projects, and customer acquisition efforts.
- Experience with generating revenue via digital sources
- Experience with customer database or CRM. Preference given to those candidates with SalesForce experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent collaborator with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Direct experience with, or deep interest in, the podcast industry, crowdfunding, and digital fundraising
- Experience with online paid advertising across websites and social media
- Ability to manage many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery
- Flexibility to pioneer new approaches and pivot when needed
- Familiarity with bulk email software like MailChimp
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Work well with a variety of departments and stakeholders
- College degree required. Graduate degree a plus.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
New York Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants from all walks of life.