Senior Producer, The Greene Space
The Greene Space channels the collective genius in New York City to create forward-looking live art, theater, and journalism that sparks change. As the physical extension of New York Public Radio, we share the mission to make the mind more curious, the heart more open and the soul more joyful. However, while radio and podcasts are media made for millions, The Greene Space aims to change the world one person at a time, moving New Yorkers to the intersection of art and politics, leading courageous conversations, and curating performances of intense beauty that are deeply rooted locally but relevant to audiences globally.
We’re looking for a Senior Producer who’s passionate about that mission to join our team creating public programming from development through audio/video post-production. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, curious, collaborative, willing to take risks, deeply immersed in NYC news and culture, and committed to using our platforms to amplify underrepresented voices. This is an editorial position reporting to the Executive Producer.
- Collaborating with the Executive Producer to execute against the strategic and artistic vision of The Greene Space
- Leading the creative development and execution of public programming, and overseeing post-production of related audio and video
- Delivering on goals for the number of public programs and the audiences reached in person and online
- Bringing the highest caliber talent to participate in programming as hosts, guests, and performers
- Contributing to our overall audience development strategy, including marketing, publicity, and social efforts
- Coordinating cross-departmental efforts to build, fund, and publicise our programming
- Creating and managing project budgets
- Vetting production schedules and materials
- Supervising production staff
Necessary skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience as a creative producer/curator with a proven track record developing programming and guiding projects to fruition
- 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to drive multiple projects at once while working with other team members and departments to guide them to fruition
- Keen understanding of live arts landscape in NYC, existing and emerging
- Eagerness to run toward a challenge, experiment, and try new things
- Excellent writing skills
- Love for performance, art, and journalism and passion for engaging audiences live
- Knowledge of audio and video production tools preferred
Why you want to work here
- Your colleagues at New York Public Radio include some of the best and brightest journalists and storytellers on the planet.
- You’ll be in a position to make programming that contributes to necessary civic and artistic dialogue in our city, our country, our world.
- New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package that includes a generous health plan, matching funds for retirement, five weeks PTO, paid parental leave, and more.
- The Greene Space team works on a flexible schedule to balance production needs and deadlines with our own work preferences.
- We work hard and we have fun, too. Our team celebrates birthdays together, we attend one another’s gigs/plays/readings, and we take turns planning an all-team activity one Friday afternoon every month.