Social Media Producer, WQXR
Social Media Producer, WQXR
WQXR, New York City’s only all-classical radio station, is dedicated to making a life with classical music accessible, relevant and inspiring for all. WQXR is part of the nonprofit public media organization New York Public Radio, whose mission is to make the mind more curious, the heart more open, and the spirit more joyful through excellent audio programming that is deeply rooted in New York.
We are seeking a Social Media Producer to manage and create social and YouTube content for WQXR. The ideal candidate will have experience with content curation and creation at a performing arts or media organization, a love for classical music, and an affinity for design and visual narratives. This person will serve as the voice of WQXR on online platforms, foster engaging online discourse among our listeners, and develop bespoke content for our various digital platforms and their unique audiences. This person is passionate about classical music, deeply immersed in NYC arts and culture and committed to maintaining our platforms in alignment with the high editorial standards of New York Public Radio.
- Content creation and execution of visual and written content for the WQXR social media accounts (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram) under the supervision of the Senior Digital Content Manager
- Analyze and track data and trends for insight into ways to improve referral, engagement and social follower growth
- Create dynamic visuals for all our platforms
- Engage with, monitor, and moderate online communities via direct messages, comments, to ensure our audience feels connected to WQXR
- Facilitate influencer outreach for special programming campaigns
- Reach out to affiliated artists with social media toolkits to help promote our events and programming
- Provide on-site social coverage at live events as needed
- Short form copywriting for social platforms including YouTube
- Create simple social graphics and Instagram story templates using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to handle light video and photo editing requests
- Maintain best practices in YouTube Studio including but not limited to thumbnail creation, updating descriptions to improve search optimization, adding end cards, and building thematic playlists
- Seek out and maintain best digital practices to grow the WQXR audience and closely follow the latest social trends
- Assist Senior Digital Content Manager with reporting of social analytics and insights
- Assist with various digital initiatives including, but not limited to newsletters, marketing, support, website production and upkeep
- Serve as a consultant to New Sounds team on social production and management
- 3+ years of hands-on experience producing digital and social content for a media or arts organization
- Strong affinity for classical music and broad knowledge of the NYC arts and culture landscape
- Proficiency working with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with Sprout Social, or comparable social media publishing tools, and YouTube Studio
- Proficiency with Premier Pro and Photoshop
- Ability to use data insights from Google and YouTube Analytics to drive strategic decisions
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and understand when priorities need to be shifted
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills
- Energetic, curious, collaborative,
- A nuanced and ever-current understanding of social media trends and platform updates
- Experience with After Effects, In Design, or Illustrator a plus
- Maker of memes, lover of gifs and a good proclivity for classical music jokes
This is a full-time non-exempt role with a pay rate of $36.02 per hour (plus a full benefits package). New York Public Radio offers excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, sick time and parental leave.
This role is currently operating remotely, with the ability to optionally work from the office sometimes, which is encouraged. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff and will be expected to work from the New York office in a hybrid capacity beginning on May 31st.
Given this role will be in the NYPR office being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless NYPR has approved a specific religious or medical exemption in advance of the first day of work. At this time, NYPR defines being fully vaccinated as having received two Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations or one Johnson and Johnson vaccination.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between New York Public Radio and SAG-AFTRA.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.