News America Marketing provides powerful media tools that break through the clutter of today's marketplace. Our broad portfolio of in-store, online and home-delivered products have become an integral part of most marketing plans due to its unparalleled consumer reach. News America Marketing is a key subsidiary of News Corporation, and its sister companies include HarperCollins Publishers, Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Post.
The candidate will provide financial management support for the Digital Media business. Responsibilities will include but are not
- Prepare month end analysis, and reporting with variance explanations to Budget and Prior Year.
- Responsible for month-end Accounting/Accrual process, including proposing journal entries, with support from the Digital Business Manager.
- Research and resolve business unit inquiries for all Digital products.
- Ensure correct coding of all Digital expenses, work closely with NAM A/P and Digital vendors to ensure timely processing.
- Compile and distribute month end analysis package to Senior Management including P&L by product and Overhead analysis.
- Lead monthly meeting with Management to review monthly results vs budget and prior year.
- Forecast and monitor sales revenue by month and revise weekly. Work with the Digital Business Manager to ensure most
- accurate estimates are reported.
- Prepare the monthly business review for Management and CEO.
- Develop the annual budget, quarterly forecasts including revenue, costs and profit margin, working closely with the Digital VP Finance
- Ad Hoc financial analysis as needed including new product introductions and responses to RFP’s.
- Improve and automate work-flow processes and operational procedures.
- And other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have 2-3 years Accounting and/or Finance experience preferably with a consumer products company
- BS/BBA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid understanding of the Accounting process, including P&L and journal entries.
- Strong Excel skills and analytical skills a must
- Essbase and Oracle General Leger a +.
- Financial Modeling and system skills a +.
- Strong communication and organizational skills a must
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong Work Ethics
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Sense of Urgency
- Problem-solving skills
- Works effectively as part of a team
About News America Marketing
News America Marketing (NAM) is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s solutions are available via multiple distribution channels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobile application. News America Marketing, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at newsamerica.com.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Your personal information will be collected and used by News America Marketing and/or its affiliated companies to process and respond to your application, contact you regarding current and future employment or internship opportunities and as otherwise set out in our Applicant Privacy Notice available here: http://www.newsamerica.com/Applicant-Privacy-Notice.pdf