Director, Retail Strategy & Marketing
Role Overview/ Responsibilities:
This role is part of our Retail Marketing Strategy team, specializing in understanding our products from a client, retailer and shopper lens, with particular emphasis on the retailer lens. He/she will position key claims for retailers, to develop compelling materials and strategies. He/She will synthesize insights on shopping behavior and the retail environment, working with the Marketing Insights team, as well as proactively seek input from the Sales organization, to identify opportunities with retailers that will advance our strategic agenda and inform our innovation pipeline. The Director will support the GM of NAM’s Retail Business and Instore Product Leader to develop understanding of the overall retail landscape, our specific retail partners and strategic and effective ways to activate our existing retail network and expand to new retailers. The successful execution of prioritized initiatives will require collaboration with various cross functional groups, including Sales, Finance, Operations, Product Development and Technology teams, and In-Store Business line owner.
This work will require knowledge of our current SmartSource platform features and benefits, including deep understanding of their impact on retailers, shoppers and clients, and the ability to identify opportunities for innovation with retailers to ensure our in-store platform is a strong, growing business.
This role is a critical part of an evolving transformation of the NAM business informed by data and led by a shopper-first mindset, which will reinforce NAM’s leadership position in the Marketing solutions industry. Success will be measured by revenue growth from retailer-led or direct sales (e.g. from Shopper Marketing teams), as well as internal feedback from key stakeholders.
- BA/BS, Marketing or other Business degree preferred, MBA plus
- 5-7 years experience in Retail Marketing, either from Consumer Packaged Goods company, a Retailer in the food, drug or mass class of trade, or a Consulting practice focused on retail in food/drug/mass.
- Agency experience is a plus
- Strong project management skills; impeccable attention to detail, organization, prioritization and analytic skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity
- Strong leadership ability with experience working with varying levels of seniority - dynamic, flexible, positive attitude, and team spirit
- Self-Starter attitude, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to move quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of media planning principles a plus
About News America Marketing
News America Marketing (NAM) is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s solutions are available via multiple distribution channels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobile
application. News America Marketing, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at newsamerica.com.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Your personal information will be collected and used by News America Marketing and/or its affiliated companies to process and respond to your application, contact you regarding current and future employment or internship opportunities and as otherwise set out in our Applicant Privacy Notice available here: http://www.newsamerica.com/Applicant-Privacy-Notice.pdf