Associate, New Business Development (NMC)
We work with many of the biggest companies and brands in the world who count on us to help them to gain better household penetration, gain better trade support and sell more products.
Success matters! This commitment drives the type of people we are and the type of people we look for. We train and develop our teams to reflect our obsession with our clients and consumers.
Role Overview/ Responsibilities:
Focusing on new business clients and clients who have not run a program with News Marketing Canada in over 2 years.
- Large list of potential clients will be provided.
- Selling the entire News Marketing Canada portfolio including Digital and In-Store.
- Achieving sales goals through building strong relationships with CPG stakeholders as a credible business partner.
- Develop and promote the company’s in-market presence.
- Develop and execute retailer/customer strategies for growth.
- Fluent with all products/services and ability to sell in a strategic and integrated manner.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of retail/customer strategic objectives, priorities, shoppers, decision-making process and KPIs.
- 6 to 8 week training required to learn the portfolio, selling methods, analytics, and proposal generation.
- Travel is required and will depend on meeting frequency.
- After the training period, this position will be able to work out of the office the majority of the time.
- 4 – 7 Years of proven sales experience. Selling to CPG clients is a plus
- Experience selling to CPG or Retail clients is a plus
- Strong analytical skills (Finance, sales goals, accounting, compensation plans).
- Ability to understand, connect and leverage insights to support recommendations and desired outcomes.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to establish and grow strong working relationship both internally and externally.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and consultative selling skills.
- Ability to travel to clients locations across the GTA. Vehicle is required.
About News America Marketing
News America Marketing (NAM) is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s solutions are available via multiple distribution channels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobile application. News America Marketing, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at newsamerica.com.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Your personal information will be collected and used by News America Marketing and/or its affiliated companies to process and respond to your application, contact you regarding current and future employment or internship opportunities and as otherwise set out in our Applicant Privacy Notice available here: http://www.newsamerica.
Accommodations are available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability, on request. Please let us know if you require accommodation and we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible.