Retail Team Lead, NMC
As a Retail Team Lead, you will be on a team leading the core of News Marketing Canada's in-store business by managing one of the top Retailers in Canada. You will be responsible for managing and cultivating your assigned retailer's day to day needs, while also always looking for new opportunities to engage with your retailers in a more strategic way. This includes bringing innovation to brick and mortar stores, but also online through Digital Media & Digital Incentives. In your role you are also uniquely positioned to collaborate closely with News Marketing Canada's entire sales team to help them manage any retail specific CPG needs. As a Team Lead on a top retailer, you will also assist in retailer agreements and contracts.
This role is a management role, where you will work alongside an Account Director to achieve shared goals together while managing a team of support individuals. As a manager, you are also expected to coach and develop your team.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the CPG and Retail space, ideally experience working on both sides
- An outgoing personality & be able to confidently engage at all levels of an organization
- Proven Ability to work in a fast paced retail & sales environment, often with very short timelines
- Proven ability to collaborate with members of the same team, while working toward shared goals
- Exceptional project and account management skills
- Excellent customer service excellence skills
- Strong ability to make new relationships and cultivate current ones
- Sales/Account Management background
- Experience successfully managing a team is an asset in this role, as this role involves managing a team of coordinators and also working alongside an Account Director.
- Ability to travel to clients locations across the GTA. Vehicle is required.
About News America Marketing
News America Marketing (NAM) is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s solutions are available via multiple distribution channels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobile application. News America Marketing, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at newsamerica.com.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Your personal information will be collected and used by News America Marketing and/or its affiliated companies to process and respond to your application, contact you regarding current and future employment or internship opportunities and as otherwise set out in our Applicant Privacy Notice available here: http://www.newsamerica.com/Applicant-Privacy-Notice.pdf
Accommodations are available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability, on request. Please let us know if you require accommodation and we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible.