Accounts Payable Supervisor
Currently, we are seeking to hire an Accounts Payable Supervisor who will be responsible for supervising a team to ensure the timely and accurate application and reconciliation of vendor invoices for the company. As an Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will be responsible for the closing process, the A/P aging, cash disbursements and timeliness of data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance indicators (OKRs) and lead a team to do so.
- Direct and review the timely and accurate recording of invoices, credit memo application, payment processing and recording of accruals for period end close.
- Reconcile the cash logs to the daily activity of vendor disbursements made by wires, ACH and EFTs.
- Reconciliation of American Express Corporate and Purchase cards to Concur expenses, gathers supporting documents, payment processing, prepares monthly accruals and account reconciliations.
- Perform monthly accounting functions including maintenance and reconciliation of accounts payable with the general ledger, accounts payable aging, cash disbursements and ensures accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Vendor related functions including vendor inquires, wire and payment communication, yearend 1099 processing.
- Work with procurement department on vendor related updates and changes.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies related to accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines and SOX compliance.
- Prioritize all audit data requests relating to AP including, invoice support, account reconciliations, payment support and confirmations.
- Selects and hires employees, prepares and conducts performance reviews for the onshore accounting staff. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines
- Acts as a liaison between the company and external accountants to meet accounts payable related information needs and to ensure compliance and controls are in place and operating properly
- Partners with the Controller Organization and business operations as it relates to accounts payable processing; responds to AP related financial questions/concerns to meet business needs
- Assist the team and management with projects and tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Must have a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience as an Accounts Payable Supervisor and a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Must be results driven and utilize knowledge to meet or exceed KPIs and goals.
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud preferred.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and maintains the highest level of customer service, creating solutions that drive business results.
About News America Marketing
News America Marketing (NAM) is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s solutions are available via multiple distribution channels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobileapplication. News America Marketing, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at newsamerica.com.
Applicant Privacy Notice:
Your personal information will be collected and used by News America Marketing and/or its affiliated companies to process and respond to your application, contact you regarding current and future employment or internship opportunities and as otherwise set out in our Applicant Privacy Notice available here: http://www.newsamerica.com/Applicant-Privacy-Notice.pdf