Dir/Sr. Director - Commercial /Salesforce
You’ll play a vital role in our commercial transformation efforts by delivering stable, high quality solutions that automate and digitize business processes, offer our user base a seamless experiences and capture/monitor data that will help drive growth.
News America Marketing’s Enterprise Product & Technology organization is looking for a talented self-starter like you to lead the continued business process transformation, development and support of our Salesforce platform. The solutions that this team produces helps our current Sales Cloud user base adopt the most innovative support technologies that Salesforce and Salesforce partners have to offer.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need strong knowledge of business process transformation, as well as technical knowledge of how the Salesforce.com platform functions, including an understanding of key business processes such as pipeline management, pricing, quoting and order management and a drive to tackle new challenges head-on. Our technologies touch nearly 1,000 employees across North America, so this is your chance to build a team and solutions that scale, drive meaningful change and provide differentiating business capabilities.
● Create, own and manage the overall Salesforce roadmap with input from key stakeholders to ensure the vision, strategy and roadmaps align with key business needs.
● Directly manage and build the Salesforce development team consisting of both NAM employees and outside contractors responsible for: project delivery; ensuring system(s) stability; introduction of new system capabilities; and technical vision to support NAM's growth strategy
● Work in an Agile environment to develop high quality code/solutions which meet/exceed the project timelines and objectives.
● Implement standard Salesforce development release process and schedule.
● Build out appropriate Salesforce environments to ensure high quality development, testing, and production capabilities.
● Monitor/ Track/ Review the delivery to ensure the best practices and design principles are adhered into delivery
● Provide technical guidance to the development of Salesforce.com applications to support business and product strategies
● Act as thought partner with Leaders in all areas of NAM, including IT, commercial, pricing and to drive digitization and optimization
● Leverage comprehensive knowledge of business processes and the associated technologies - including lead generation, opportunity management, pricing and quoting - to drive technological and operational change
● Promote and oversee relationships with business partners, ensuring they view enterprise IT as proactive and responsive to business needs
● Identify technology trends and make recommendations for technology platforms that balance compliance/risk management and new capabilities
● Partner with other IT Leaders to maintain and ensure appropriate project management disciplines are in place and adhered to; prioritization is consistent across domains; systems and changes are properly tested; and systems are available, stable and secure at all times
● Build capability and self-sufficiency within the end-user population and foster an environment of continual process improvement
● Lead vendor management activities, including vendor selection, contract negotiation and ongoing vendor relationships
● In depth knowledge of Prospect to Cash processes required
● Strong understanding of software architecture, design, and development methodologies (i.e. SDLC, AGILE, SAFe, etc.)
● Proven experience managing hybrid (onshore and offshore) development and support teams
● Ability to interact with business leaders and adapt style as needed for technical or non-technical audiences
● Played the role of a Technical lead in 1-2 SFDC projects.Thorough knowledge of SFDC. Well versed in configuration, customization and Integration
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical background: Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related IT field
● 10+ years experience leading application support, development, and delivery teams in a complex business operation
● 5+ years experience in a senior IT applications leadership role
● 7+ years experience managing technical design, planning, development and implementation of commercial (Salesforce, Force.com, Apex/Visualforce, custom apps) solutions, preferably in the media or contract manufacturing industries
● Oracle Fusion Cloud experience/certifications a plus
About News America Marketing:
News America Marketing (NAM) is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s solutions are available via multiple distribution channels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobile application. News America Marketing, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at newsamerica.com.
Applicant Privacy Notice:
Your personal information will be collected and used by News America Marketing and/or its affiliated companies to process and respond to your application, contact you regarding current and future employment or internship opportunities and as otherwise set out in our Applicant Privacy Notice available here: http://www.newsamerica.com/Applicant-Privacy-Notice.pdf