Sr. Software Engineer
Who is Netsertive?
We are a technology and digital marketing intelligence company that empowers product brands & local businesses to win the fight online. We combine this advanced technology with deep knowledge of specific vertical industries, partnering closely with local businesses, multi-location retailers, and national brands to drive sales opportunities in their targeted local markets throughout North America.
We don't hesitate to go left when others go right, or bob while everyone else weaves. We are the purple cows of the world. We are not for everyone and applicants seeking a job instead of an awesome career need not apply. Ping Pong happens to be our favorite Olympic Sport. Even if you don’t play, you have to enjoy being a spectator!
Is your motto “work hard, play hard”?
You are a self-motivated and competitive person, but you are also a team player. You are an ambitious overachiever who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and sometimes chaotic environment. You are someone who likes to understand why things are broken, and come up with new ideas to fix them. Your vocabulary does not include the words “okay” or “acceptable.” With regards to high standards, your bar is higher than the rest. You are a pack leader, not a follower. You connect with clients in a genuine way in order to manage expectations, obtain information, advance their objectives and deliver results. You thrive on the excitement, agility and pace of a start-up environment and are adept at prioritizing (and re-prioritizing) tasks and resolving unexpected events on a daily basis. You are enthusiastic and excited to work with a team of professionals to solve problems and generate results.
- Successful candidates will have a background in application development in Java and PHP in a Linux environment.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain new and existing software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with product owners and users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas, and following the software development lifecycle.
- Document and demonstrate solutions through flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear concise code.
- Be actively involved in shaping the system architecture toward scalable, high quality product.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes to software development policies and procedures.
- Remain proficient in recent standards, technologies, processes and requirements of quality software development.
- Mentor junior engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 6+ years software development experience with an object oriented coding language; ideal if Java and/or PHP, but just need an interest in working in those languages.
- Experienced in developing Web applications, APIs and Compiled Server-side applications. Knowledge of React is a plus. Knowledge of Spring Boot is a plus.
- Experience with unit testing in JAVA and PHP.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, writing and analyzing queries.
- Proven ability to create, understand and implement business requirements for new systems and enhance existing systems in a fast paced agile environment.
- Demonstrated and enthusiastic approach to problem solving and collaborating with team members.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task and follow through on projects to completion.
- Results oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Excited to work in a rapidly changing industry.