Senior Network / Online Engineer - Star Wars IP
Considering candidates on both a full-time and part-time working basis.
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family and our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are currently seeking a Senior Network / Online Engineer to work on a new Star Wars project. You will have an interest in building sophisticated software systems that scale, an understanding that great teams build great products, and the desire to have your work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with game design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify online system’s needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement complex systems and interfaces.
- Write well designed, efficient and testable software.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
Required Skills & Experience
Applicants should have a track record of working on successful game projects. You should be comfortable talking to us about:
- The Unreal Engine networking model, and how it interacts with gameplay
- Algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Back-end infrastructure and running dedicated servers at scale
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing across the team
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.