Principal / Senior QA Engineer - Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for someone who is always passionate and driven to create the best possible experience for our players. You will support the QA Manager in providing leadership to the QA team, and be able to use a range of directive and non-directive leadership skills to get the best from the team.
You will balance delivering results with caring for the needs of your team. You will motivate and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organisational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’. You will build, maintain and share a body of expertise concerning all aspects of the project, helping your colleagues towards a deeper understanding of the systems and concepts they are testing.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for, alongside your assigned team, defining and execute the project test strategy throughout the entire project lifecycle, including functional and non-functional testing where required
- Key point of contact for quality between QA and production for the project; identifying and help mitigate risks to ensure high quality, timely delivery
- Mentor, empower and lead an internal team of QA Analysts and Engineers to ensure “best in class” quality at all times
- Define ongoing requirements and roadmap for test automation on the project, in order to ensure manual testing is as efficient and productive as possible; evangelising created (or obtained) tools and automation, defining and monitoring KPIs to ensure they have the desired benefit
- Working with the QA Manager, define external test requirements for partner teams when required on the project
- Be alternate point of contact for the QA department when required in absence of QA Manager (some travel may be required).
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience of managing cross-location cross discipline QA teams, as an organiser and a leader
- Test planning and execution using a variety of test approaches and techniques to ensure the right level of test coverage for each product balancing risk, cost and schedule
- Experience of the game development process and how QA integrates with this
- Establishing, assessing and continually improving QA processes
- Working with external partners, e.g. 3rd party test organisations, off-shore development teams
- Prior experience working with game development engines to help define test strategy e.g. Unity, Unreal, CryEngine
- Experience with source control systems, such as SVN, Perforce, GitHub
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.