Software Engineer - Star Wars IP
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family and our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As a key member of our team, you will collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines.
We are currently seeking an Engineer to work on a new Star Wars project. You will have an interest in building multiplayer experiences, an understanding that great teams build great products, and the desire to have your work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
We build amazing games together and design through play. As part of our team:
- You will collaborate on the design and implementation of new game features.
- You will write well-designed, efficient and testable software.
- You will strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- You will work with our on-site QA to reproduce, debug and fix bugs.
Experience and Skills
You should be comfortable talking to us about:
- The Unreal Engine object model, and how you use it to build multiplayer experiences.
- Animation systems, and building gameplay around characters.
- Algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing across the team.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.