Principal UI/UX Artist - New Star Wars IP
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
Summary and Purpose
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our creature team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines.
As a Principal UI Artist, you will be responsible for the overall interface design, and the implementation of the network of screens /menu graphics, to ensure a positive and intuitive player experience as possible.
You will conceptualize and design industry leading graphics, while working as part of a dedicated games team to provide high quality implementation of the User Interface.
- Work with the Art Director to guide the visual style and language for all game interfaces.
- Produce User Interface designs for all areas of the game
- Produce high quality mock-ups of the UI pages
- Produce Icon art work
- Prototyping UI functionality
- Technical implementation as per design
- Asset management
- Assist in scheduling
- 5+ years of user interface design for video games.
- Demonstrated experience with console and/ or IOS / Android platform development.
- Excellent UX design skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, good work estimation
- Solid graphic design and illustration skills.
- Good working knowledge of games and the games industry, particularly social and mobile games.
- Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After effects.)
- Can iterate documents that convey clear and complete user/data flows prior to development. (Visio or similar layout tools)
Want to really stand out? Know about these!
- Experience of social game development
- Experience of SCRUM
- Strong illustration skills
- Experience of UI mock-up software (Marvel or similar)
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Adaptable and enthusiastic
- Proactively helps identify tasks and issues
- Passionate about making games
What Do We Offer?
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Amazing support teams
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- Regular group activities and events
- 23 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from the day you start
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity
- Well stocked office kitchen
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.