Principal UI/UX Artist - New Star Wars IP
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family and our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipeline s. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As a key member of our UI team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines.
As a Principal UI/UX Artist, you will be responsible for the interface design, and the implementation of the network of screens /menu graphics, to ensure a positive and intuitive player experience as possible.
You will conceptualize and design industry leading graphics, while working as part of a dedicated games team to provide high quality implementation of the User Interface.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Art Director to guide the visual style and language for all game interfaces.
- Produce User Interface designs for all areas of the game
- Produce high quality mock-ups of the UI pages
- Produce Icon art work
- Prototyping UX and UI functionality
- Have effective pipelines and filing for asset management
Experience & Qualification
- Experience of user interface design for video games.
- Degree in Relative Arts, Graphic design, computer Games or Illustration
- Demonstrated experience with console or IOS / Android platform development
- Excellent UX design skills
- Solid graphic design and illustration skills.
- Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After effects.)
- Can iterate documents that convey clear and complete user/data flows prior to development. (Visio or similar layout tools)
- Good working knowledge of games and the games industry
- Experience of UI mock-up software (Marvel or similar)
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Experience of social game development
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about making games
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to estimate tasks well
- Adaptable and enthusiastic
- Proactively helps identify tasks and issues
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.