Principal UI/UX Artist - New Star Wars IP
Position: Principal UI/UX Artist - New Star Wars IP
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
Reporting To: Senior Game Art Director
Posting Date: 06th November 2018
Closing Date: 06th December 2018
NaturalMotion, BossAlien is Zynga Inc. subsidiary
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. The awards were created to identify excellence in games industry employment and to help improve working conditions. We are extremely proud to be a winner alongside our industry colleagues and strive to constantly improve the working culture for our staff.
Summary and Purpose
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our creature team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines.
As a Principal UI Artist, you will be responsible for the overall interface design, and the implementation of the network of screens /menu graphics, to ensure a positive and intuitive player experience as possible.
You will conceptualize and design industry leading graphics, while working as part of a dedicated games team to provide high quality implementation of the User Interface.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Art Director to guide the visual style and language for all game interfaces.
- Produce User Interface designs for all areas of the game
- Produce high quality mock-ups of the UI pages
- Produce Icon art work
- Prototyping UI functionality
- Technical implementation as per design
- Have effective pipelines and filing for asset management
- Produce schedules
Experience & Qualification
- 5+ years of user interface design for video games.
- Degree in Relative Arts, Graphic design, computer Games or Illustration
- Demonstrated experience with console and/ or IOS / Android platform development.
- Excellent UX design skills
- Solid graphic design and illustration skills.
- Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After effects.)
- Can iterate documents that convey clear and complete user/data flows prior to development. (Visio or similar layout tools)
- Good working knowledge of games and the games industry, particularly social and mobile games.
- Experience of SCRUM
- Experience of UI mock-up software (Marvel or similar)
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong illustration skills
- Experience of social game development
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, good work estimation
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Adaptable and enthusiastic
- Proactively helps identify tasks and issues
- Passionate about making games
What Do We Offer?
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Amazing support teams
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- Regular group activities and events
- 23 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from the day you start
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity
- Well stocked office kitchen
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.