Studio Director of Product
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
Summary and Purpose
As the Studio Director of Product, you will have a clear understanding of your leadership style and its impact on others, and be able to use a range of directive and non-directive leadership skills to get the best from your team.
You will balance delivering results with caring for the needs of your team. You will motivate and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organisational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’.
You will confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Assertive when needed, you ensure the requirements of your team and your business are met by stakeholders at all levels.
Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
As the Studio Director of Product and a member of the studio leadership team, your primary role is to build and develop the Product Management talent across all teams; and through the PM team, ensure the product roadmaps of each game team are reflective of the studio’s overall strategy & achieves the studio’s business objectives.
- Guide the game team’s roadmaps - Influence the product roadmap of the live game teams as well as the product vision of the games in development to achieve the overall NaturalMotion studio vision & business objectives
- Hands-on solve problems - Partner with game team General Managers to help solve complex business problems
- Grow the PM team – Lead the hiring and organization of PMs across all game teams
- Develop the PM team – Own the career management and mentorship of PMs across all game teams
- Drive the PM culture – Iterate and improve on the existing cross-team sharing and learning channels; Instil the business/outcome focused mindset at all levels & functions at NaturalMotion
- Collaborate on strategic initiatives – Work with NaturalMotion leadership on various studio level strategic initiatives
Experience and Skills
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Extensive experience as a Head of Product, Director/VP of Product, or General Manger; preferably in the games industry
- Experience managing a product management team and guiding associated relevant internal and external functions including product marketing, user acquisition, production, art, and design.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team – including those who do not directly report to you
- Has shipped at least one successful title and worked within a live services model
- Advanced analytic skills including financial modelling and P&L management capabilities
- Strong consumer understanding from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 23 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.