General Manager - CSR2
- Position: General Manager - 3rd Party
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
- Reporting To: VP, Racing
- Posting date: 30th August 2018
- Closing Date: 27th September 2018
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As a General Manager you will have a clear understanding of your leadership style and its impact on others, and be able to use a range of directive and non-directive leadership skills to get the best from your team.
You will balance delivering results with caring for the needs of your team. You will motivate and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organisational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’.
You will confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Assertive when needed, you ensure the requirements of your team and your business are met by stakeholders at all levels.
Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
NaturalMotion seeks a General Manager to join our London studio and run all aspect of a new IP that we are building.
As General Manager - a member of the organisation’s leadership team - you will have full P&L responsibility for this unit, and be instrumental in driving the commercial success of the title and the business as a whole. Able to navigate a full free-to-play P&L & Business Model, you will be confident and fluent in discussing all elements of your business with NM Leadership, Zynga Executives, your team and your peers, including User Acquisition, Monetisation, Retention, Platform Opportunities, Technology Innovations, and Brand/Licensing Opportunities.
Experienced at managing a large team of direct and indirect reports, you will have a fluid and elegant understanding of a wide range of leadership, management, communication, and production practices, optimising engagement, productivity, and quality in your team, whilst instilling it with the culture and values of NaturalMotion.
A strategic thinker, you will be able to define effective strategies for your title in a competitive market, working with your discipline leads and team to translate those strategies into achievable tactical plans.
Working with your Production and Leads team, you will ensure the predictable delivery of technology, features, and updates for the game, before and after its global launch, translating your strategy into effective and achievable tactics.
You will ensure that your team runs a quality live service at all times, balancing the current needs of the business and consumer as you work on features and bold beats futher into the roadmap.
At all times you will be responsible for ensuring clear communication upwards to the NaturalMotion Exec and outwards to the rest of the business.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- KEY BUSINESS OWNER: Full and overall responsibility for the creation, launch and ongoing commercial success of a Top Grossing mobile title. Ultimately responsible for the overall P&L and quality of your game/s.
- MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS: Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the game team during development and live operations. Collaborating with Product, Design, Development, Analytics and QA, to create the vision and build the game/s, and manage required services once live (developed and/or integrated), throughout the game/s life-cycle.
- DEFINE STRATEGY: Contribute to the overall business strategy and associated business model.
- TACTICAL EXECUTION: Take ownership of the roadmap and the specifics of how it delivers the business strategy. Reconcile business and creative needs as the game/s and markets develop in order to deliver sustained growth for the business.
- COMMUNICATION & COORDINATION: Coordinate and lead efforts across a large “virtual” cross-functional team, including Publishing, A.R.M, CGT, Legal, and other diverse groups.
The ideal candidate fulfils all the following criteria, however we are always interested in talking to experienced applicants who have the ability to grow into the role and undertake professional development where necessary.
- BUSINESS UNIT/P&L MANAGEMENT: Proven experience owning and directing a free-to-play business. Demonstrable record of accomplishment in delivery of gaming titles across multiple platforms. Thorough understanding of micro-transaction based business models, managing product-level P&Ls, and meeting and exceeding revenue target goals.
- LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE: Extensive direct experience managing cross-disciplinary game teams, showing a wide range of leadership, communication, motivation and management skills.
- GLOBAL STRATEGIC OUTLOOK: Strong familiarity with iOS and Android, and emerging technologies, trends and gaming strategies. The proven ability to translate this into meaningful strategies.
- DEVELOP TACTICS: Proven ability to break a strategy into a tactical plan for execution.
- COMMUNICATION: An elegant, straightforward and confident communicator, you will be able to concisely and clearly communicate business, operational and development performance.
- GAMING PASSION: Passion for gaming, especially on mobile.
- TRAVEL: Flexibility to travel globally as required.
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Critical illness cover
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus