General Manager - CSR2
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As a General Manager you will have a clear understanding of your leadership style and its impact on others, and be able to use a range of directive and non-directive leadership skills to get the best from your team.
You will balance delivering results with caring for the needs of your team. You will motivate and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organisational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’.
You will confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Assertive when needed, you ensure the requirements of your team and your business are met by partners at all levels. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
As General Manager - a member of the organisation’s leadership team - you will have full P&L responsibility for this unit, and be instrumental in driving the commercial success of the title and the business as a whole. Able to navigate a full free-to-play P&L & Business Model, you will be confident and fluent in discussing all elements of your business with NM Leadership, Zynga Executives, your team and your peers, including User Acquisition, Monetisation, Retention, Platform Opportunities, Technology Innovations, and Brand/Licensing Opportunities.
Experienced at leading a large team of direct and indirect reports, you will have a fluid and elegant understanding of a wide range of leadership, management, communication, and production practices, optimising engagement, productivity, and quality in your team, whilst instilling it with the culture and values of NaturalMotion.
A strategic thinker, you will be able to define effective strategies for your title in a competitive market, working with your discipline leads and team to translate those strategies into achievable tactical plans.
Working with your Production and Leads team, you will ensure the predictable delivery of technology, features, and updates for the game, before and after its global launch, translating your strategy into effective and achievable tactics.
You will ensure that your team runs a quality live service at all times, balancing the current needs of the business and consumer as you work on features and bold beats further into the roadmap.
At all times you will be responsible for ensuring clear communication upwards to the NaturalMotion Exec and outwards to the rest of the business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Key Business Owner: Full and overall responsibility for the creation, launch and ongoing commercial success of a Top Grossing mobile title. Ultimately responsible for the overall P&L and quality of your game/s.
- Management & Operations: Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the game team during development and live operations. Collaborating with Product, Design, Development, Analytics and QA, to create the vision and build the game/s, and manage required services once live (developed and/or integrated), throughout the game/s life-cycle.
- Define Strategy: Contribute to the overall business strategy and associated business model.
- Tactical Execution: Take ownership of the roadmap and the specifics of how it delivers the business strategy. Reconcile business and creative needs as the game/s and markets develop in order to deliver sustained growth for the business.
- Communication & Coordination: Coordinate and lead efforts across a large “virtual” cross-functional team, including Publishing, A.R.M, CGT, Legal, and other diverse groups.
- Business Unit/P&L Management: Experience owning and directing a free-to-play business. Demonstrable record of accomplishment in delivery of gaming titles across multiple platforms. Deep understanding of micro-transaction based business models, handling product-level P&Ls, and meeting and exceeding revenue target goals.
- Leadership & Management Excellence: Extensive direct experience leading cross-disciplinary game teams, showing a wide range of leadership, communication, motivation and management skills.
- Global Strategic Outlook: Strong familiarity with iOS and Android, and emerging technologies, trends and gaming strategies. The proven ability to translate this into meaningful strategies.
- Develop Tactics: Ability to break a strategy into a tactical plan for execution.
- Communication: An elegant, straightforward and confident communicator, you will be able to concisely and clearly communicate business, operational and development performance.
- Gaming Passion: Passion for gaming, especially on mobile.
- Travel: Flexibility to travel globally as required.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.