Lead Game Designer - Racing
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2018 & 2019, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. The team loves welcoming credible talent full of Professional Pride; Ambition; and Humility, who want to do the best work of their career.
We are seeking a Lead Game Designer to join our CSR2 studio to lead a talented, multi-discipline design team that is continuing to develop ambitious new features and exciting content as part of the game’s live operation.
You will ensure new features are executed to AAA standards, and support the game’s core pillars.
You will mentor your team members, giving them the support and the framework to do their best work.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As Lead Game Designer, you will be a member of the CSR2 leadership team. You will be instrumental in:
- Design Vision: Delivering the game design vision for CSR2 as it goes from strength to strength as a live title. You will lead the design and execution of exciting bold beats - new features that boost the game’s performance, and give marketing great opportunities to expand the reach of the game by appealing to new players and re-engaging lapsed ones.
- Team Leadership: Lead the CSR2 design team, giving them mentorship and support, having regular one-to-ones and working closely with them to ensure they are delivering high quality design work. You will take pride and ownership in helping them become more skilled and capable in their game design career.
- Cross-Discipline Collaboration: Working with other disciplines, particularly Data Science and Product Management to respond to opportunities in the game that can be capitalised on.
- Representing the Players’ Needs: You will be leading the design of content and features that will be enjoyed by millions of players, and will constantly be seeking to help your team to enhance the game experience that is loved by our loyal and devoted players.
- Support Director of Design: You will be the first point of contact for design on CSR2 and will be comfortable representing your discipline group, on the project, wherever required.
Required Experience & Skills
- Line-Management & Leadership: Experience at Lead Level Design. You are able to mentor and support a varied team of designer with different areas of specialty and experience.
- Emotional Intelligence: You will be a confident, independent worker that is able to quickly integrate yourself into a large, multi-cultural team.
- Design Acumen: Experience as Lead Design, ideally one shipped game. Knowledge about both mobile and console games and the key design trends and opportunities that will shape the industry in the future.
- Live Operations: Demonstrated ability in executing best-practice Live Operations and Games as a Service approaches, which deliver vibrant, performant content week after week.
- Roadmap Planning: You are able to represent the players’ needs in backlog planning and refinement meetings to ensure their expectations are consistently being exceeded.
- Genre Knowledge: A demonstrable interest in cars and racing games.
- Communication: An elegant, straightforward and confident communicator.
- Gaming Passion: Real passion for gaming, especially mobile. You can speak with assuredness about what makes CSR2 special and where opportunities are to continue its success.
- Experience with Metadata & Photoshop
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Unity3D Game Engine
- Scripting Languages such as C#, C++, Lua
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.